Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3x BOA (Not Amex) CLI!!!

tag
Bsong
Regular Contributor

3x BOA (Not Amex) CLI!!!

As the title states.... Boa has given me a 3x cli!

Got the card in April with a $1k CL. The day I got the card I called the backdoor and requested for $5k and was APPROVED.

Card usage:
Got the card on April 22nd, made small purchase and PIF the moment it posted, May used $1000 and PIF, June used $1500 and PIF. Yesterday I used the card up to $2k still has the balance since i wont be PIF till the end of July. Since I recently got approved for BCE ($3k cl) and AMEX Green I was contiplating if I should try my luck with either Discover (since I was unhappy with the BCE cl) or requesting for a cli with boa. Went with boa! Called the line and the 1st person I spoke too asked for some basic info and was surprised I was asking for $15k. Couple seconds later it seemed like she was surprised and put me on hold to speak to a credit analyst about my "approval". At that time I was already shaking and was "like oh damn!!! I'm gonna get!! " credit analyst gets on the line and asks the same questions such as income and reason and other random questions... Then she said the words "mind if I place you on hold?" At that time I was thinking "damn.... It's either denied or countered to a $1000 cl". But nope! When she got back on she said the magic words "congratulations, your new line is $15k and blah blah blah blah (after $15k came out her mouth along with congrats I didn't hear anything else) .... While this was happening I was driving and started yelling "he'll yeah!!!!" Like a crazy man...

Anyways.... If you ever wondered if it was possible. YES IT IS! Not like the 61 day rule with Amex but hey, they do it too! No more cards, no more apps! I'm gardening since I've reached my goal! Gonna hold of till next year or two!

THANKS TO THIS FORUM AND ALL THE GREAT PEOPLE FOR MY SUCCESS!!!!! I'm so damn juiced!!! Thank you thank you thank you... And to BANK OF AMERICA! YOu are definitely my primary card!!!!!
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: 3x BOA (Not Amex) CLI!!!

Bofa is on our next app spree list! Congrats!! On which card did you get the 3x cli?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 26
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Bsong wrote:
As the title states.... Boa has given me a 3x cli!

Got the card in April with a $1k CL. The day I got the card I called the backdoor and requested for $5k and was APPROVED.

Card usage:
Got the card on April 22nd, made small purchase and PIF the moment it posted, May used $1000 and PIF, June used $1500 and PIF. Yesterday I used the card up to $2k still has the balance since i wont be PIF till the end of July. Since I recently got approved for BCE ($3k cl) and AMEX Green I was contiplating if I should try my luck with either Discover (since I was unhappy with the BCE cl) or requesting for a cli with boa. Went with boa! Called the line and the 1st person I spoke too asked for some basic info and was surprised I was asking for $15k. Couple seconds later it seemed like she was surprised and put me on hold to speak to a credit analyst about my "approval". At that time I was already shaking and was "like oh damn!!! I'm gonna get!! " credit analyst gets on the line and asks the same as such as income and reason and other random questions... Then she said the words "mind if I place you on hold?" At that time I was thinking "damn.... It's either denied or countered to a $1000 cl. But nope! When she got back on she said the magic words "congratulations, your new line is $15k and blah blah blah blah (after $15k came out her mouth along with congrats I didn't hear anything else) .... While this was happening I was driving and started yelling "he'll yeah!!!!" Like a crazy man...

Anyways.... If you ever wondered if it was possible. YES IT IS! Not like the 61 day rule with Amex but hey, they do it too! No more cards, no more apps! I'm gardening since I've reached my goal! Gonna hold of till next year or two!

THANKS TO THIS FORUM AND ALL THE GREAT PEOPLE FOR MY SUCCESS!!!!! I'm so damn juiced!!! Thank you thank you thank you... And to BANK OF AMERICA! YOu are definitely my primary card!!!!!

Hard pull on TU?

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 3 of 26
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I am planning on trying this next month.  Can I ask what your income is?

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 26
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Message 5 of 26
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

BOA is amazing, giving out lots of love lately!  I, too, got the BOA Cash Rewards last week w/ 1k CL.  Perhaps I should try this tactic in 3 months!  I'll keep you guys posted, too. Congrats on your lovely CLI!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 6 of 26
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 26
Bsong
Regular Contributor

@bears I got the 123 rewards card.

@armbenderc not sure yet. But when I first applied they pulled both TU and EXP.

@davesignal my income is $75k. Been banking with boa for 10 years with direct deposit. And we recently applied for a biz loan from them along with a biz card. Bu that's mostly on my wife's info. Meaning I'm only an Au on the biz credit card.

@yudeology101 I say call them now and speak to a credit analyst. You never know!
Message 8 of 26
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

hmmm... my income is the same.  what did you say your housing payment was?

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 9 of 26
HiLine
Blogger

@Bsong wrote:
Couple seconds later it seemed like she was surprised and put me on hold to speak to a credit analyst about my "approval". At that time I was already shaking and was "like oh damn!!! I'm gonna get!! "

She dropped you a hint. Smiley Wink

Congratulations!!!

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.