Established Contributor
amercnchopz34

Re: AMEX 3x CLI APPROVED!!!

[ Edited ]

LilNYC wrote:
@youngandcredit- 1 cc @ 94% & another at 89% (other 2 were 10% & 25%) I think this shows that with regards to credit increases, Amex is more concerned with your history with them than other creditors. @Nada- 1st statement balance $900 2nd statement balance $525 I paid in full once my statement generated. I also have a Zync that was opened a couple of weeks before & I paid those right away. Hardly charged anything on the Zync (1 charge each cycle for under $20.) However, during the 1st billing cycle on the BCP I kept charging up to $2,000 & then returned stuff. $2,000 CL wasn't really cutting it- I had to split my Bloomingdales charges on 2 cards more than once. I only mention this bc ppl say that Amex likes ppl who spend a lot and that if you don't use the limit they started you with then you don't have a case for an increase. Not sure if I buy this line of thinking. (Wasn't trying to pull anything with the buying & returning it's just that the way Bloomingdales sakes wirk, you get a bigger percentage off if you charge more.) My income is pretty mid range. I had a green card 12 yrs ago for a few months but Amex has no record of it so essentially the Zync & BCP are my first Amexes.

When you say "returned stuff"........do you mean returning what you bought or just paying off cards???

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

interesting... I was actually a little worried about two of my accounts reporting with high util (Chase Freedom and Trav Amex)....

so maybe this isn't a concern. I def plan to PIF with Amex though!!! This is good info to hear! Thanks :-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k| West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Frequent Contributor
Razeus

I keep my balances low or zero.  It's been challenging of late since I just bought my house and Christmas is around the corner though, but thankfully I don't have any interest being charged until Dec' 2013.  I wouldn't worry too much about ultiizatin and credit score unless I was going to ask for more credit.  Keeping balances low helps with that though.

My Wallet:
Discover It $11,000 | Chase Freedom $5,000 | AMEX BCE $3,000 | Paypal Extras Platinum $5,000 | Wells Fargo $1,000 | AMEX Zync NPSL
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Yeah my bals are all at 0%. my trav amex 0% expires in Dec., so I just bt'ed most of it to Freedom lol... But I think it may double report the balance for like a week since my Trav Amex bal won't report after the new Chase bal reports. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k| West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+