Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 3x CLI or CSP CLI

tag
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

AMEX 3x CLI or CSP CLI

Hello guys, I am in the garden but am probably eligible for AMEX 3x CLI, which is a soft pull.

My AMEX limit is $10,000 so this will increase to $30,000 if they just approve it, I would be able to send in a 4056T if necessary though. And this will be my highest limit. I have *very little* use on this card. Actually only 1 charge ever haha, oops. 

I opened this card with the intention of doing a 3x CLI soft pull at least 60 days after opening.

Then there is my CSP. I *want* this to be my main card, but I got a relatively low limit (compared to my other cards) of $6,000. I want to increase this eventually, but this card was also opened less than 3 months ago. For this non-AMEX card I suppose I should wait at least 6 months, a) for the age of the account and b) to spread out my hard inquiries.

my dilemma:

1) AMEX soft pull, if approved, will give me another card with a high limit, this will be probably favorable to other lenders to be more likely to grant me high limits

2) CSP might not like that I have such high limits on other cards, for when I request a CLI

my current highest limit is 24.9K, this is only coincidence.

SO, should I wait to CLI my CSP first, or should I do the AMEX soft pull anyway. On the AMEX I definitely plan to request 3x and no less. on CSP, I don't know yet, but I am going to request a comparitively high limit.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: AMEX 3x CLI or CSP CLI

@gen-specific wrote:

Hello guys, I am in the garden but am probably eligible for AMEX 3x CLI, which is a soft pull.

My AMEX limit is $10,000 so this will increase to $30,000 if they just approve it, I would be able to send in a 4056T if necessary though. And this will be my highest limit. I have *very little* use on this card. Actually only 1 charge ever haha, oops. 

I opened this card with the intention of doing a 3x CLI soft pull at least 60 days after opening.

Then there is my CSP. I *want* this to be my main card, but I got a relatively low limit (compared to my other cards) of $6,000. I want to increase this eventually, but this card was also opened less than 3 months ago. For this non-AMEX card I suppose I should wait at least 6 months, a) for the age of the account and b) to spread out my hard inquiries.

my dilemma:

1) AMEX soft pull, if approved, will give me another card with a high limit, this will be probably favorable to other lenders to be more likely to grant me high limits

2) CSP might not like that I have such high limits on other cards, for when I request a CLI

my current highest limit is 24.9K, this is only coincidence.

SO, should I wait to CLI my CSP first, or should I do the AMEX soft pull anyway. On the AMEX I definitely plan to request 3x and no less. on CSP, I don't know yet, but I am going to request a comparitively high limit.

All just my opinion!

At the higher levels, I don't think "CL matching" really happens as other considerations (lender risk) matter more.  So having a 30K Amex won't spur Chase to match, they might be more concerned about higher levels of available credit.

Going the 4056T route can be slow.  It took about four weeks in my case.  So that would delay a later request for CSP CLI.

So my only question would be how high your outstanding credit is to your income.  There is no hard and fast rule, but if it is "reasonable" I would go for Amex first, then Chase once the card is 6 months old.   If you have a lot of credit, and really want a good limit on the CSP, go for that first (but also probably wait till that is 6 months old)

But again, just my opinion..

Message 2 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

Just do it for Amex now. It will be a while before you are going to ask for cli from chase anyways.

The question is whether your income supports the new CL you are trying to ask from chase and Amex. If it does, go for it.

Best of luck!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 13
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Just do it for Amex now. It will be a while before you are going to ask for cli from chase anyways.

The question is whether your income supports the new CL you are trying to ask from chase and Amex. If it does, go for it.

Best of luck!

hm, ideally I'll be making more by the time I do the chase one, but anything could happen

and I could still recon and do all sorts of things to get the chase one up, I suppose.

will wait for a couple opinions. I have a mid-6 figure range salary, but already have $100k of available credit, if I am successful on the AMEX cli it will be $120k of available credit. (I'm almost done dont worry)

Message 4 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

I think you will be fine for both CLIs
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 13
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:

WELP!!!!!! MY INCREASE TO $30,000 HAS BEEN APPROVED

lmao, excess.

Message 6 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

Grats!!! Now just wait a couple more months and request cli with chase Smiley Tongue
Message 7 of 13
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Grats!!! Now just wait a couple more months and request cli with chase Smiley Tongue

lol, 

Credit Line

$30,000.00

Cash-Advance-Limit

$2,000.00

they gave me a cash-advance-limit of $2,000 hahaha **bleep**

yeah in another 3 months I am definitely closing all of my credit cards that have a 4-digit limit. Except CSP

Message 8 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

Only the CL matters anyways!

Rarely anyone ever uses the cash advance feature. It's really only for extreme circumstances. Those fees are pretty much daylight robberies
Message 9 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@gen-specific wrote:

@enharu wrote:

WELP!!!!!! MY INCREASE TO $30,000 HAS BEEN APPROVED

lmao, excess.

So this was an instant approval from < 25K to > 25K?  And no 4056T?  There goes one of the theories!  Congratulations

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.