Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 3x increase

tag
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

AMEX 3x increase

Hi board.

I am up for my 6 month increase with AMEX.  Wondering if I should poke the bear:

Here's where I am at with AMEX.

15K blue Pre:

7.3K Hilton Honors: (Up for 3x increase)

I have read here that 34.5K is the limit across revolvers before tax records are needed. 

My plan was to go 3x's Hilton, and get to 21.9K for the limit.  This would open my total exposure with AMEX to 36.9k.  Do you think this will trigger tax request?

I have been with AMEX for 8+ years with perfect PIF record for the last 3 years.  My income is north of 120K. UTL 5%, credit score 780+.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX 3x increase

It's going to be a YMMV situation as to whether they will request tax docs. Some were able to get past 50k CL without being asked for tax docs, while some were asked for docs even at the 20-25k mark. If you don't feel comfortable releasing those info, you simply will be declined for a CLI.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 21
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

I think I may go for it. 

I think I would release the documents if they asked.  I would be more concerned that they would freeze my accounts without notice as they requested the documents. 

Do you think if I then moved 20K to my blue (35K) after the increase this could be a problem?

Message 3 of 21
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Good luck! Please post back.

Message 4 of 21
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

So..... Pulled the trigger - Tax forms requested!

Total limits on revolvers would be roughly 36K if the increase is approved, and 35K on my plat card. 

If I do not submit my forms can I ask for another increase below the 35K limit in 90 days?

Here are my income details - Do you think I should just submit the forms?

On app income stated - 121K

2011 income - 101k

2012 - 91K did not realize I had such a low year.  I checked my W-2 this AM)

I stated 121K because I have a recently added rental property that will add 25K a year to my income, and this year I am on pace to make 114K as normal income.  My 2013 tax returns will show a income of roughly 127K.

My concern is that my income on my W-2 will not match my income of this year.  Is this going to cause me any headaches?  Also, I file jointly with my wife.  The tax records request states I have to include her in the process.  These joint fillings will reflect the following incomes: 2011- 164K - 2012 - 151k (2013 - 191K).

Thoughts forum?  

Message 5 of 21
enharu
Super Contributor

If you are okay with submitting the docs, go ahead. You will be fine. Very minor discrepancies are normal, especially if you are self employed or have side income. Don't worry about that.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 21
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

Thanks.  I am 95ish% sure I am going to submit.  The only thing keeping me back is the 5% chance they get spooked and close my accounts.  

Do you think if I submit this time I can then asked for 65K on my next increase without additional forms haha!

Message 7 of 21
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

Oh, and another question - I am attempting to garden away my HPs to 0.  

If I submit to this additional screening will they HP my credit? This would be a deal break for me at this time.  

Message 8 of 21
ArCpa
Contributor

Do you have other high limit cc's. I just had a cli to 38k last week and it was just a simple phone call.

CC: Amex Green ( NPSL) Amex BCE ( 38.1 K ) US Bank Sig Cash ( 20K ) Pen Fed (42K) Chase Freedom ( 7.5K) Discover More (22K ) Cap 1 QSilver (10K) Barclays Rewards (9K) Care Credit (5.5k) Sears (12K) JC Pennys (6K) Dell (15K) Key Bank (19k ) Key Bank (16K) FFO (7.5 K) Shell ( 600) OCCU ( 20K ) City TY (10.5K) CSP (17.5k) Regions ( 18K )Simmons (15K) Regions BLOC (125K) Fuel Rewards MC(10K )Amex Hilton ( 23k)

TU ( MFICO 5/11/14) 812
EQ ( MFICO 5/11/14) 790
EX ( MFICO 5/11/14) 805

Message 9 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.