Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 11 of 13
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX 61 day CLI success

@Weights wrote:

My BCE account was opened on New Year's Day this year with an initial limit of $15k.  I decided to go ahead and ask for $30k this morning; didn't want to push my luck too much by asking for $45k, even though I was aware that a signed 4506T request was still a possibility.  I immediately got countered with $26.6k, which I accepted.  I was a bit surprised to have even gotten this frankly, as this now makes the BCE my current highest limit card.  I want to thank everyone in the myfico community for their great support and knowledge once again.  I'm glad to say like many of you out there, I've come a long ways from where I was when first joining these forums.  

Congrats on your CLI Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 12 of 13
Weights
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX 61 day CLI success

@newdaddy113 wrote:

Did you apply on new years day for the card? I applied and was approved on new years day for 18k but called amex yesterday and I was told that my account was actually opened on Jan. 9th and not the 1st. Please help me clarify.

Question #2: Have you opened any other accounts since opening the amex card?

Question #3: Is your amex card reporting on your report yet? Mine is not

1) I also applied and was instantly approved on New Year's Day, so I'm unsure as to why your account is showing a different opening date.  The only thing I can think of is that I already had an open account with them (charge PRG) when the BCE application was submitted and approved.  When I called for my initial limit, the rep manually linked my two accounts together for online access.  If you weren't approved instantly and didn't have a current open account with them, this could be the reason. 

2) No, the BCE was my last opened account.  The only account I opened previous to that was the gold PRG six months prior in 6/2013, with only one other new account that year in Februray 2013. 

3) My BCE started reporting a couple of days after my second statment was issued.  My first statement only had about 14 days of activity and was issued that same month.  The second statement hit next month.  I referred to the opening date as being reported by Transunion and Equifax in my case to deteremine when 61 days would be reached. Experian only shows the month.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.  

Thanks for all the support everyone.  I definitely appreciate it. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.