Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI

tag
User11

Re: AMEX CLI

Folks,

I need your advice. Some time ago I opened a Blue Cash Everyday card from American Express with 2k initial credit limit. After 60 days requested an increase and got 6k. After 6 months did the same and got 18k. Now another 6 months are almost over and I'm wondering what amount I should request this time. Any ideas are very welcome.

P.S. My credit history is limited (2 years only), FICO is about 730-750, salary is around 80k.

Thanks for sharing your opinion!

Message 21 of 24
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Hi User11,   Welcome to the MyFico Forum!

Usually, you get better reponses by starting your own new thread.  To start your own thread, click on New Message at the top of the community forum board.

In my opinion, you should ask for less than a 25k limit.   If you ask for more than 25k, you will be asked to submit to having your tax transcripts provided to Amex. 

If you are comfortable providing tax transcripts, then feel free to app for more than 25k.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 22 of 24
HG915

I dont think thats true- i have a CL of 32500 on my AMEX blue and have never had to fill out a 4506 for them to pull my tax transcripts. I guess they could have changed it though  I was going to ask for a CLI but I was wondering if anyone knows:

a) what is the upper limit on the blue card?

b) obviously getting a 3x increase here is not going to happen but what is a safe amount to ask for ?

c) can you ask for a CLI EVERY six months?

Thanks all for your expertise!

Message 23 of 24
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I now have $24,500 in BCE and $5,500 on Delta- no 4506t req.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.