Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta Gold Approved.

tag
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

AMEX Delta Gold Approved.

Called the backdoor to see the limit... 7.5k.  Same amount I got for my Sapphire before I split off some for the Freedom.  Hoping for that coveted 3xCLI in 61 days.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMEX Delta Gold Approved.

Message 2 of 8
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval.  I would make one recommendation....  Call and upgrade to the Platinum Delta card.  The AF is around $50 more, but you get a free companion certificate every year with renewal.  My wife and I use ours every year and it saves us $400-$600 depending on where we are going. 

Message 3 of 8
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

can you please share your credit stats I am interested in this card as well thank you

9/2013: Fico EQ 676, EXP 686, Fico TU 686.
NFCU Flagship Sig. $14k..NFCU CashRwdsSig $14k..NFCU LOC $12.5k..USAA Amex 4k..AMEX Green NPSL..Discover IT $1.5k...BofA Cash Rewards123 $2.5k...Southwest Premier $2k..Chase Freedom $1.5k..CareCredit $3.5k..Cap1-$1.5k..HSBC $300...Lowes $1.5k...WalMart $1.5k...JCP $1k..Chevron $1.1k..Kays/Jerrod - $5k split. around 8% Util. Want to get in the 700's in 2013! Have three old paid charge offs. 15-20inq.. LAST APP 8/29/13
Message 4 of 8
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

@Tryon2improve wrote:

Congrats on the approval.  I would make one recommendation....  Call and upgrade to the Platinum Delta card.  The AF is around $50 more, but you get a free companion certificate every year with renewal.  My wife and I use ours every year and it saves us $400-$600 depending on where we are going. 

I thought about it and I called to have it upgraded.  Strange, the call was answered by an offshored CSR (first time I've talked to an offshored AMEX CSR) and I requested to have it upgraded to Platinum.  He said I'd have to wait to get the card, activate it, and then request and upgrade.

My credit profile is TU: 732 EX: 740 EQ: 701

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 5 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@somnipotent wrote:

Called the backdoor to see the limit... 7.5k.  Same amount I got for my Sapphire before I split off some for the Freedom.  Hoping for that coveted 3xCLI in 61 days.

CONGRATS!!!!!

Awesome limit!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 8
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@somnipotent wrote:

Congrats and that would be a very nice 3x increase come 61 days!!!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.