Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ANOTHER CapOne CLI!

Congrats

Message 13 of 16
sarahcatherinemay
Regular Contributor

I know that if it's been less than 6 months, they won't do it - so if you're beyond that and you have a good payment history with them, go for it! It's not a hard pull so there's really nothing to lose!

I never thought they would increase it. I figured it would be a starter card for me while I was rebuilding but the more love they show me, the more I'll show them!

Starting Score: 525
Current Score: EQ Fico 766 | TU Fico 715 | EX Fico 753
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 16
ethan17debttackler
Regular Contributor

Nice....congrats, OP!

>

Message 15 of 16
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@sarahcmgreen wrote:

It's been about 6 months since I last got my credit limit increased, so I thought I would try to hit the luv button again and see what happened.

They must be in the giving mood - I went from $1250 credit limit to $5250! I would always see other people posting about getting these nice increases, but I always thought I would be one of those that was stuck with the same limit forever!

**Just to add, I got this card about a year and a half ago when my credit score was at about 620. I was started with the $500 limit and in the credit steps program. After 5 on-time payments, I got a $250 CLI automatically. 6 months ago, I followed the steps to request a credit limit increase online, and was given a $500 CLI (not much, but I was happy to get anything!) I have never missed a payment, and I use the card fairly regularly (about twice a month).

My score is now at a 690 and I'm just gonna keep on truckin' toward that 700 mark. Hard work is paying off!

Congrats on your CLI Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.