Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(APPROVED)Bit the bullet and app'd for an Amex PRG

tag
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

(APPROVED)Bit the bullet and app'd for an Amex PRG

I already have 4 Amex revolvers (BCE, TE, DELTA GOLD and HILTON HONORE). I've been getting emails to apply for the PRG since last year, but like others I've been waiting for the 50k MR offer as opposed to the 25k. I bit the bullet yesterday evening and app'd for the PRG even though I told myself that I'm not gonna do it Smiley Sad. I don't know what happened, I got home and went straight to the computer and app'd. Anyways, the status says "in progress", but I see Amex HP my EX account sometime this morning. My EX score is in the high 600s (because I just can't stop apping). No derogs, no collection. Why would they hard pull my EX but still not give results?

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

Re: Bit the bullet and app'd for an Amex PRG

Because they are going to review your file?  You already said you have 4 Amex revolvers and have been apping a lot, it doesn't surprise me that they sent it to review.

Message 2 of 46
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@nachoslibres wrote:

Because they are going to review your file?  You already said you have 4 Amex revolvers and have been apping a lot, it doesn't surprise me that they sent it to review.

Good  luck with your results, maybe they need to review some details to verify its really you. I am going to be patient with getting an better signup bonus :-)

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 46
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Well Nachoslibres, I'm gonna assume you have an Amex. I was under the impression that it was gonna be a soft pull like every other time I got approved with Amex. For 3 of my cards, the HP appeared on my profile about a day after I was approved. When I was first denied for the TE, there was no hard pull. Now, I'm just confused as to why they've hard pulled me this time without providing results, that's all. I was hoping someone has been in the same situation as me.
Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Message 4 of 46
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:
Well Nachoslibres, I'm gonna assume you have an Amex. I was under the impression that it was gonna be a soft pull like every other time I got approved with Amex. For 3 of my cards, the HP appeared on my profile about a day after I was approved. When I was first denied for the TE, there was no hard pull. Now, I'm just confused as to why they've hard pulled me this time without providing results, that's all. I was hoping someone has been in the same situation as me.

Ah, I see.  I didn't know Amex did SPs for new TLs, and unfortunately (or fortunately - depends on how you look at it) I don't have an Amex.

Message 5 of 46
39Xelor
Established Member

Hope you get the approval! I want an Amex badly, but for some stupid reason i just keep thinking "don't, you'll get an FR" so i dont app.. even though i know FRs are rare and far and few between

Whats In My Wallet? A Whole Lotta' Awesomeness!
Message 6 of 46
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

4 revolvers is the maximum Amex allows so you will have to close one of your existing ones. I had to do this last week when I spoke with them

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 7 of 46
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@39Xelor wrote:

Hope you get the approval! I want an Amex badly, but for some stupid reason i just keep thinking "don't, you'll get an FR" so i dont app.. even though i know FRs are rare and far and few between

I don't think you get a FR on an app.  I thought you would get one only if you had the card and then did something that triggered it. 

Ex.  Running 10k a month thru the card but only claim to make 50k a year or running business expenses thru the card would probably trigger one.

Message 8 of 46
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus, I wanted to do the same thing too! But I'm kicking all my other cards to the curb for a couple of months in favor or the CSP, I figured I'll make it in favor or the CSP AND PRG. Figured I can put $1500 on each every month and get a good bonus. I already have 55k+ UR points floating around my CSP, why not add the PRG, considering that I was transfer my MR points to SPG and I don't plan on opening an SPG Amex in the near future.

Message 9 of 46
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

Not FR. His app is pending because he has the max # of revolvers allowed by Amex already which is 4. If you wnat the PRG, they will make you close an existing card and it will be a HP once you agree

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.