Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon CLI like clockwork!

tag
parkman
Regular Contributor

Amazon CLI like clockwork!

So word is that most GE products will either give you auto-CLI or allow you to request one for a SP after four months have gone by. However, this only applies if a statement is generated. I.E., if the statement balance is 0 and you have no activity after that, you will generate no statement, and therefore will not be eligible for the 4 month CLI!

A couple years ago, I applied for and was approved for an $800 Amazon store card. I used it to buy a laptop, and paid it off within 3 billing cycles, so I never generated a fourth statement. It wasn't until much, much later that I came to this forum and discovered the 4 statement constant. That explained why, after months of improving my credit score and credit history, and after having paid off my $700+ balance, that I was never able to get an increase!

So I decided to try out the 4 statement thing. I purchased a Christmas gift for my wife, and let a statement generate. After the statement generated (it being my fourth total statement since 2011,) I clicked the CLI button and was instantly approved for an increase of $350! I know it's not much, but I just did a $2700 BT from one of my wife's cards to mine for a 0% interest promo, so every little bit helps when it comes to utilization!

So this is just to let everyone know that it does indeed work, even if the statements are non-consecutive, sometimes you just have to wait!

All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Amazon CLI like clockwork!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!  Thanks for sharing.

Message 3 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats Smiley Happy

I wondered about what you have stated here, since I went to paying off in full prior to statement cut there have been no CLIs.

Message 4 of 12
parkman
Regular Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Congrats Smiley Happy

I wondered about what you have stated here, since I went to paying off in full prior to statement cut there have been no CLIs.

Well in theory it should still work regardless of PIF since even with PIF a statement is still generated due to activity. But if nothing else is working, you might as well experiment with a small balance and see what happens!

All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 5 of 12
Involver
Valued Contributor

No matter what I do with my Amazon card I cannot get a CLI. My score is up 74 points since I was approved and I have tried various combinations of PIF and leaving a balance report (never over 12.5%). Still stuck at 800. When I called to speak to a credit analyst and was denied (again) the letter showed that they were using credit information from September. Congrats on your success with getting a CLI Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 12
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 7 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

WTGSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 12
knoregs
Established Contributor

Congrats!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 9 of 12
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Congrats my amazon went from 200 to 5ks in about 7 months... it growssss
Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.