Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 61 Cli

tag
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex 61 Cli

I recently received a 3x CLI.  Here is what I did:  I used my credit cards normally and paid the statement balances in full (including amex) on their due dates.  There was only one payment made since account opening on the Amex before asking for the CLI.  I didn't manipulate any balances by paying multiple times or paying unbilled outstanding balances to $0 just before the statement dates, so more than half (6/10 reported relvoing lines)  reported real balances.  Full 3x was received.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 11 of 32
Maximuss
New Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

I recently received a 3x CLI.  Here is what I did:  I used my credit cards normally and paid the statement balances in full (including amex) on their due dates.  There was only one payment made since account opening on the Amex before asking for the CLI.  I didn't manipulate any balances by paying multiple times or paying unbilled outstanding balances to $0 just before the statement dates, so more than half (6/10 reported relvoing lines)  reported real balances.  Full 3x was received.

Thank you for that info. The only thing im worried about now is that i have 2 new accounts since opening my Amex, and they SP right after each account posted. Lets see what happens. I'll come back and update. Thanks for all the replies!

Message 12 of 32
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@Maximuss wrote:

Thank you for that info. The only thing im worried about now is that i have 2 new accounts since opening my Amex, and they SP right after each account posted. Lets see what happens. I'll come back and update. Thanks for all the replies!

I wouldn't worry so much if you have an established credit history, are using your new Amex, and have paid the bill on-time.  I think you will get the increase!

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 13 of 32
Hubcapjw
Contributor

Quick question......ifyou submit an increase request does it approve of deny you right away?  I did the 61 day cli online and got the 7-10 day message so I'm assuming I'm denied. Amex delta gold 1000 limit.

Message 14 of 32
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Maximuss wrote:

My 61 day comes tomorrow. Should i pay off the card today to show a 0 balance when i ask for the cli or does it really matter. I have a cl of $4,500 and have a balance of about $700. Any advice? Thanks in advanced!

Best of luck! It won't matter one way or the other probably but if you can pay it off then do it. Amex likes PIF. I don't think it will immediately affect this CLI, though.

Message 15 of 32
Maximuss
New Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@Maximuss wrote:

My 61 day comes tomorrow. Should i pay off the card today to show a 0 balance when i ask for the cli or does it really matter. I have a cl of $4,500 and have a balance of about $700. Any advice? Thanks in advanced!

Best of luck! It won't matter one way or the other probably but if you can pay it off then do it. Amex likes PIF. I don't think it will immediately affect this CLI, though.

Thank you! I'll update after midnight

Message 16 of 32
Maximuss
New Contributor

Did my 3x cli too early and got the 7-10 days. Waited an hour cli approved. Thanks for all the input.

Message 17 of 32
DarkMoonLily
Frequent Contributor

@Maximuss wrote:

Did my 3x cli too early and got the 7-10 days. Waited an hour cli approved. Thanks for all the input.

Congrats!

2019 Goals: Garden and Clean up Credit Reports!!!
2020 Goals: Get a Secured Card and Auto Loan.
Message 18 of 32
Tony275
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!

Starting Score: (June 2014) TU08: 663 | EQ04: 640 | EX08: 685
Current Score: TU08: 757 | EQ04/08: 757/758 | EX08: 761
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Total Credit Line - $186,050 | Utilization - 16.8%
Message 19 of 32
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.