Amex BCP credit limit increase

tag
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex BCP credit limit increase

@ficojoe wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

@ficojoe wrote:

Is the $25k ceiling (FR risk increase) per card or combined for all AmEx in your name?

It's not a real FR, just a request for you to send them a 4506T, so they can get a transcript of your tax returns.  If you refuse, your account stays open, you just don't get a CLI.  (In a real FR, your accounts are frozen before they notify you).

At least half of my income in tax-exempt, I'm not sure what AmEx would do if they looked at my tax returns. I correctly reported my income, which can be supported through bank statements, but my tax returns do not reflect my actual income.

My local credit union only gave me credit for about 1/3rd of my income after reviewing my taxes.

Anyhow, I want to avoid a FR.

Well the first step is always tax returns, because they are considered more official I guess, but others report conference calls between Amex and your bank which could then be used to support your statement of income.

Message 11 of 14
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

@ficojoe wrote:

Is the $25k ceiling (FR risk increase) per card or combined for all AmEx in your name?

Per card. I hear that for combined the ceiling is $34,500.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 12 of 14
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

I would like to hear someone confirming the combined ceiling.Smiley Sad that's too little
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 13 of 14
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:
I would like to hear someone confirming the combined ceiling.Smiley Sad that's too little

That was a combined ceiling without docs. I am currently at $34,000, and would like to have one card increased, so I am very interested in clarification as well. What I heard was from an Amex CSR that stated when someone called in for a CLI above $34,500 they were instructed to ask for docs.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.