Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI

tag
voidman
Established Contributor

Amex CLI

Hi I have had Amex card for past 3 years or so start with 10k and a year latter it went up to 12k.. Now it is at 12k for a long long time... I just want to get another 5k in CLI, what would be the best approach to do that?

Thanks in advance.

-void
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex CLI

Log on to your account with them and click the CLI button.

Request a limit of $25k.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 16
voidman
Established Contributor

Thanks that was easy... will try it out soon. 

-void
Message 3 of 16
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Hows your UTI? If its low and since you didnt ask or get a CLI for a while, more than 6 months ago then go online, account management, manage credit line and request a CLI. AMEX will deny or counter offer if eligible.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 4 of 16
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Let us know the results. 

If you credit profile is in good shape you should be good to go for the full 25k.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 5 of 16
voidman
Established Contributor

My util on the card is low around $500 on amex and 3k in total (1.5k in revolving at 0%apr) with 22k Total credits. I have no immidiate need for credit just thought If I can get better upper limit that will help me with the 1.5k that I am revoling for better UTIL ratio to help the score. Makes sense?

I am kinda lasy to get out of my bed to get the card... it is asking for the 4 digit security number on the card. Will try it out soon and will let you know here.  btw is it a soft or hard pull?

-void
Message 6 of 16
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Likely no pull.

They will just use a soft pull that they already have on file.

Message 7 of 16
voidman
Established Contributor

Excellent, armed will all these information I am gona try it out tomorrow morning. 

Good night guys. 

-void
Message 8 of 16
voidman
Established Contributor

$25k is the new CL!!!

Maybe I should have asked for more Smiley Happy, I was bit skeptical on 100% increase in CL but I guess it was long pending for me.

Before requesting for CLI, I tested with spending ability, I put in 20k and it was approved... not sure if this is any indicator though. 

Thanks everyone!

-void
Message 9 of 16
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@voidman wrote:

$25k is the new CL!!!

Maybe I should have asked for more Smiley Happy, I was bit skeptical on 100% increase in CL but I guess it was long pending for me.

Before requesting for CLI, I tested with spending ability, I put in 20k and it was approved... not sure if this is any indicator though. 

Thanks everyone!

Where's the party? Smiley Very Happy

Grats!

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.