cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta and Green Approved!!! Need Assistance!

tag
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Amex Delta and Green Approved!!! Need Assistance!

First off I want to thank each and every poster on these forums. Without the wealth of information given here, I would never be in the position I find myself! I've obtained a Green Charge and Delta Skymiles today. Originally app'd for the BCE after the Green and was denied! (This is with a spotless record and roughly 715 Fico) Feeling undeterred I wanted to try the Delta before heading to the garden. I hear so much about it being easier to obtain and SP if denied, so I bit. Needless to say I was approved and for a generous 7k. I called a few mins ago and asked a general question about PC'ing and the rep said I needed to wait one year. (He didn't bring up my accounts)

I've seen people on here do it early, so I want to hear stories! Do I need to wait for the card then send a secure message?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex Delta and Green Approved!!! Need Assistance!

Congrats on your approvals and welcome to the Amex family! Generally, speaking, you will need to wait 12 mos to PC. Are you trying to go from a Delta to BCE?
Message 2 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 16
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Thanks!

Yes, trying to PC Delta to BCE. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 16
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

@HeilFico wrote:

First off I want to thank each and every poster on these forums. Without the wealth of information given here, I would never be in the position I find myself! I've obtained a Green Charge and Delta Skymiles today. Originally app'd for the BCE after the Green and was denied! (This is with a spotless record and roughly 715 Fico) Feeling undeterred I wanted to try the Delta before heading to the garden. I hear so much about it being easier to obtain and SP if denied, so I bit. Needless to say I was approved and for a generous 7k. I called a few mins ago and asked a general question about PC'ing and the rep said I needed to wait one year. (He didn't bring up my accounts)

I've seen people on here do it early, so I want to hear stories! Do I need to wait for the card then send a secure message?

Congrats! You need to wait 1 year because Delta Gold has an anual fee and BCE doesn't.

As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 5 of 16
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

GaTech wrote:

HeilFico wrote:

Congrats! You need to wait 1 year because Delta Gold has an anual fee and BCE doesn't.

What if I pc'd to BCP?

Message 6 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

You were denied Blue today? but got Delta for $7k?

Message 7 of 16
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

I love Amex. Congrats
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 8 of 16
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

You were denied Blue today? but got Delta for $7k?

Yes, I find it VERY odd. To add insult to injury when I applied for both the Green and Delta, the reps did their jobs. They verified my identity via my bank or phone number since I have a fraud alert. (I keep it on purpose for piece of mind and update it every 3mos) The rep I spoke with for the BCE did not verify anything. Just asked me for general information. Aside from not doing his job, I guess he didn't think I was worthy...lol The Delta rep couldn't even believe it. He was telling me that maybe I had a baddie. I then reminded him the report was pulled just last night and was identical to what he was looking at. Smiley Very Happy

06/25/13
AMERICAN EXPRESS PREFERRED REWARDS GREEN CARD
Approved
Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days. 
If you requested a balance transfer to this card,click here to view the status of that transfer
06/26/13
BLUE CASH EVERYDAY(SM)
Declined
To view the full decision details click here
06/27/13
DELTA SKYMILES CREDIT CARD FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS
Approved
Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days. 
If you requested a balance transfer to this card,click here to view the status of that transfer
Message 9 of 16
Exonumist
Established Contributor

I just PCd my Delta Gold to a regular Blue at about the six month mark. I'm not sure why your being told one year. Did you get a sign up bonus on the Delta? 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.