Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Delta Card :p

tag
Zanarov
Valued Member

Another Delta Card :p

So my recent WF CLI just posted and I decided to go ahead and apply for the Delta card, I got the 14 days message -checked a few minutes later and:

01/17/13
DELTA SKYMILES CREDIT CARD FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS
Approved
Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days. 
If you requested a balance transfer to this card,  to view the status of that transfer

I called in and my given limit was 2k - So I hope to get it to 6k with the 61 day CLI (Highly unlikely though) 

AAoA is 5 months CK score was 675, Vantage 764. 

Unemplyed Student- income 15k

(4 months history with Zync 800-1000 per month)

Highest limit WF Student 2.2k 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another Delta Card :p

@Zanarov wrote:

So my recent WF CLI just posted and I decided to go ahead and apply for the Delta card, I got the 14 days message -checked a few minutes later and:

01/17/13
DELTA SKYMILES CREDIT CARD FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS
Approved
Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days. 
If you requested a balance transfer to this card,  to view the status of that transfer

I called in and my given limit was 2k - So I hope to get it to 6k with the 61 day CLI (Highly unlikely though) 

AAoA is 5 months CK score was 675, Vantage 764. 

Unemplyed Student- income 15k

(4 months history with Zync 800-1000 per month)

Highest limit WF Student 2.2k 

Congrats, why do you think your 3X is unlikely?

Message 2 of 8
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Seems like AMEX is approving a lot of Delta cards.  I want one soooo bad but I'm in the garden trying to avoid the temptation!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
Zanarov
Valued Member

Thanks, the reason I don't think I will get the CLI is because of low income and status as a unemployed student -6k would put me above the magic 5k limit and for some reason I can't imagine that happening so soon.

Other then that, I plan on asking for a PC at 4-6 months to the BCE (I read that they will do PC to a non AF card after 4months or so) 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zanarov wrote:

Thanks, the reason I don't think I will get the CLI is because of low income and status as a unemployed student -6k would put me above the magic 5k limit and for some reason I can't imagine that happening so soon.

Other then that, I plan on asking for a PC at 4-6 months to the BCE (I read that they will do PC to a non AF card after 4months or so) 

I could be wrong but I Thought it was after 12-13 months. I think you will probably have a good shot at the 3X or at the very least a healthy counteroffer. As long as you treat the card well and have a good usage and payment history for the next two months I would think you would be fine. 

Message 5 of 8
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval, once 61 days pass give the 3x increase a shot, you never know! Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 8
Zanarov
Valued Member

Its 13 months to transfer to something with a Annual Fee, if there's no fee involved they can do a PC at any time.

This is one of the threads that mention it:

Link

(It's a older one, I know I read somthing within the last month)

I couldn't find the ones that go more in depth but they're around here somewhere.

I will definitely give the 3x CLI a shot, I mean it's a soft pull so hey Smiley Very Happy

Also- I love backdating..My newest card will now be my oldest card by one month Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 8
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.