Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another OCCU Beaver Approval

tag
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

Re: Another OCCU Beaver Approval

Congrats, I've been seeing several 20K limits if your EQ is over 760.  PenFed also pulls EQ and the 760 figure looks like their 20K threahold as well.....since you're out of the garden Smiley Wink

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 11 of 26
missjae
Established Contributor

Congrats!!
Message 12 of 26
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Awesome limit OP!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 26
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@Blackrv7 wrote:

Congrats, I've been seeing several 20K limits if your EQ is over 760.  PenFed also pulls EQ and the 760 figure looks like their 20K threahold as well.....since you're out of the garden Smiley Wink

I have wondered if the difference between the $20K approvals and the $15K approvals are based on score or income .... hmmm ....

Message 14 of 26
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@Blackrv7 wrote:

I have wondered if the difference between the $20K approvals and the $15K approvals are based on score or income .... hmmm ....

Mine was 768 EQ with reported income of low 100K, no reported inquires on EQ when they pulled, AAoA 7 years or so.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 15 of 26
missjae
Established Contributor

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@Blackrv7 wrote:

+1 I've been wondering the difference myself.  Still happy with what they approved me for....Doubt I'll use even half the limit.

Message 16 of 26
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 17 of 26
Express
Frequent Contributor

@TNTransplant wrote:

Hi All,

As referenced in the garden thread, I lost my gold spade after having three student loans consolidated into one this month.  Not wanting to lose my status for only that (even though it was a good move financially), I thought I would apply for one more card, even though I didn't need it.  EQ was my best score (756 at app), so I wanted to go with someone who pulled EQ exclusively, gave out high starting CLs (utilization padding is my friend) and also had a decent interest rate in case I ever needed to carry a balance for a brief period of time.

I apped over the weekend and received instant approval, but had to wait until today to call and get the scoop.  So, without further ado:

Profile:  2 EQ inquiries in past year (last was in April), AAoA between 5-6 years, very thick file (50+ accounts?), Util: 5%.

OSU Beaver Card:  CL $20,000, APR 10.9.  Smiley Happy

Nice limit! And welcome to the Beaver Family!  Smiley Surprised

CL $408,200
Message 18 of 26
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 19 of 26
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@Blackrv7 wrote:

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@Blackrv7 wrote:

Mine was 768 EQ with reported income of low 100K, no reported inquires on EQ when they pulled, AAoA 7 years or so.

sillykitty1 - my profile, including income, is very similar to Blackrv7's, so I would suspect their approval criteria for the $20k CL is based on both the score and income.

Blackvr7 - Get thee behind me, you evil serpent! Smiley Tongue   Actually, I applied (for the second time) for the PenFed card earlier this year and got a CL of $13k. Around the same score as now, but income much lower as I was still in school.  Nice try, but I've already planted myself back in the garden... Smiley LOL

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.