Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree, Citi loves me

tag
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

App Spree, Citi loves me

Decided to try my luck on a few cards. My profile: Scores all around 715. AAoA 4 months. Longest account 1 year. Util: 10%. No Baddies. Prefect payment history. 21 Years old. Income 42k. 

Walmart Card: Instant 1k

Chase Freedom: Instant 500

Amex Hilton Honors: Denied SP

Citi Thank You Preffered: Called in to verify phone number: 3500 CL. My highest. Love those guys!

Chase Amazon Visa: Pending

The only card I really want now is the CSP but that's a ways off. 

Proud of my credit file and will hopefully be near 800 in a year or so. 

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: App Spree, Citi loves me

@patsfan1453 wrote:

Decided to try my luck on a few cards. My profile: Scores all around 715. AAoA 4 months. Longest account 1 year. Util: 10%. No Baddies. Prefect payment history. 21 Years old. Income 42k. 

Citi Thank You Preffered: Called in to verify phone number: 3500 CL. My highest. Love those guys!

Not to burst your bubble, but unless you get a few 30 year old accounts added to your file you'll definately not get a 800 ina  year. Even the Fico president did not have a 800. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqfR46obY1U  CEO of Fico here stated you can not get a perfect score til your "40's something" and the earliest I've ever seen a 800 score was with 12 years of history with a Average age of accounts of 12 years.

Also majority of lenders primarily pull Fico 04 scores, and in the 04 scores no one has EVER reported a perfect score. Only in Fico 08 it's possible.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 24
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@patsfan1453 wrote:

Not to burst your bubble, but unless you get a few 30 year old accounts added to your file you'll definately not get a 800 ina  year. Even the Fico president did not have a 800. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqfR46obY1U  CEO of Fico here stated you can not get a perfect score til your "40's something" and the earliest I've ever seen a 800 score was with 12 years of history with a Average age of accounts of 12 years.

Also majority of lenders primarily pull Fico 04 scores, and in the 04 scores no one has EVER reported a perfect score. Only in Fico 08 it's possible.

"Near" 800. Like 760-780.

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Message 3 of 24
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

aaoa 4 monhs!?! and got a $3.5k cl from citi!?! NICE congrats. what cards did you have b4 your app spreealso CLs??

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 24
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

aaoa 4 monhs!?! and got a $3.5k cl from citi!?! NICE congrats. what cards did you have b4 your app spreealso CLs??

Amex Green, BCE 1k, Citi Forward 3k, Simplicity 1k, Discover It 2k, Cap 1 750, Amazon Store 1.3k. I think its because I've put about a thousand a month through the foward. I wanted the thank you to make the foward points worth more. 

Message 5 of 24
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

WOW that neat! and these are cards under your name right/ Or are you an AU. Either way you have excellent cards, and a excellent credit report.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 6 of 24
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

All mine. I actually have people as AUs on them haha. I feel like I've been pretty lucky. My second card was the Amex BCE.

Message 7 of 24
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

In that case DAMN! You have been lucky!! hahha congrats!

Message 8 of 24
distantarray
Established Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

added to my moms Sears Platinum Master Card which has a $1,500 CL which required my ssn number so it should be reporting. I now have to wait at least 6 months so I can pull my first credit report :smileyhappy:

Not true if your added as an AU you'll instantly get a credit score. Once it reports as long as the card that was added in your name has 6+ months of history.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 9 of 24
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@distantarray Realy!?! Ive tryed on myfico.com but it says something call to verify. I called once bu the lady on the phone just asked my do you have any cards and i said "NO" so she said then thats why their is no credit reprot nor score. Then goodbye and hung up. SOO that why im assuming that at leat 6 months should pass until i can see credit reprot and score. What should i say when I CALL TO VERIFY?

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.