Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Success

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: App Spree Success

Congrats!  The damage should not be too bad. I lost 53 points for 4 new accounts Jan/Feb and it took 4 months to almost get back up, only 10 points missing from before my spree. Of course then Idid two more and so far I did not get punished much. The app for Citi in Mar got me 15 points down but back up 1 months later and now I am waiting for the punishment on my last card Barclays in May.  Now definitely will garden for the rest of the year. Smiley Happy 

Message 11 of 12
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: App Spree Success

Nice little spree you did there! And nice CL from Chase - people complain about them, but they have been great to me! It shouldn't take your scores long to recover, especially with your long AAoA. My scores are bouncing around alot since I did a major app spree in June, 2012. My current scores would be prob 10-15 points higher (at least) if I could lay off the app button. I would say 3-4 months down the line you should see a nice bump, as your new cards age, and you utilization goes down (from the new CL's). The INQ's (in my opinion) only cost a point or two for each one, when you have a decent AAoA.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.