Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Success!

tag
LyonsPride
Established Member

App Success!

I went on an App spree and got quite a few approvals!  I hadn't applied for anything because last time i did (almost 2 years ag- yes the inquiries will fall off soon!!!!) i was denied for almost except an Orchard Bank ($500), Old Navy CC ($2200), and OSP retail card ($250).  Almost 2 weeks ago I was approved for a credit card from my local credit union ($3500) and an Avenue card (shopping cart trick $500).  I also got a cli from OSP ($450).  I also requested a cli from Old Navy, but they declined that request.  Today the itch got me and I was approved for Target Visa ($500), Walmart (300), Amazon Visa ($1000), JCP (whopping $100), and Discover IT (appears to be $900).  I got the 7-10 day response from Chase Slate and Paypal MC.  i might try to recon the Chase.  Also, I am going to wait to see what terms Orchard turns into when I get the new Cap1 card because they have never granted me a CLI and I'm all set with paying an AF now that I will have some prime cards in my possession.  My utilization is now 2% since I paid off my Old Navy card.  I plan to sd quite a few of these cards espeicially Old Navy because the interest rate is insane!  My AAOA is going to take a huge hit, but I think it will be worth it in the long run.  I also hope to save enough to purchase my first home in 6 - 9 months and I know the inq's will hurt, but I hope by then my scores have bounced back.  I am trying to work my score up to be approved for the Citi Thank You card in 2 years.  I'm realy excited about the Discover IT since my husband and I go out to eat often. Time to go to the garden!

Starting Score: 650
Current Score: 665
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: App Success!

Congrats on the successful spree Smiley Happy

Chase Amazon Visa gives you 2X points on gas, drugstores, and restaurants so keep that in mind..

good haul, nice work Smiley Happy 

Now its time to garden!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 14
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!!!! Time to watch them grow!!!

*8/10/13
Message 3 of 14
LyonsPride
Established Member

Thank you and absolutely!  I've never been so excited to garden before!

Starting Score: 650
Current Score: 665
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 14
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 5 of 14
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Hey...CONGRATS on your app success! ! !

ONWARD AND UPWARD ! ! !

Message 6 of 14
vish1
Valued Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

Hey...CONGRATS on your app success! ! !

ONWARD AND UPWARD ! ! !

Hey, how do I put card images in my signature?

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 7 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats on your approvals and welcome to the Discover family! I would definitely recon with Chase
I would also email the EO regarding your CLI and waiving your AF with Orchard.
Message 8 of 14
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice spree, Congrats! Keep us posted on the Paypal MC and Slate card. Hope you end up with those as well.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 9 of 14
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the approvals! Come on into the garden, sit back, and watch them grow... That JCP should settle in and grow very quickly. I started out at $200 and am now up to $4200. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.