cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Barclay Card Approval !!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'vRe: Apple Barclay Card Approval !!!!!!!

My first post, but I've been reading the forums for a while and this thread convinced me to apply for the Apple Barclay card before purchasing my new computer, due to the 0% interest for 12 months offer.  I expect to pay it off long before that, but it's nice to know I don't have to dig into my savings to pay cash or put it on another card that does charge interest.

My experience: I went to Creditboards to find out which report they were likely to pull in my geographic area, then pulled my Transunion to make sure everything was kosher.  It was - my TU score is 744 with 2 inquiries from 2/09, 1 30-day late payment on a paid-off student loan from 2007.  I chose my computer and applied for the Barclay's card through the Apple Store link late last night and was approved instantly for $1000.  However, the computer I want runs about $1600.  So this morning I called the credit analyst number I found on this board and asked for an increase so I could put at least the whole computer on the card.  The analyst was great - pleasant and professional - and he asked me some questions about my income and plans to pay off the purchase.  I got the feeling the reason I was only approved for $1000 is because I only have 1 credit card with a higher limit (Discover, $4K) and I don't put big purchases on my cards, so they didn't have a feel for how quickly I'd pay off a larger purchase like the computer.  But anyway, he put in for an increase to $1800, came back with $1700 and my new Macbook Air is on the way!  As soon as my online account is set up and the purchase hits, I'm going to make a payment of $500 to bring the utilization down a little, and I will probably end up paying the whole thing off with my end-of-year bonus.  So I won't pay any interest, won't dip into savings and I'll still be able to have a super-fast, light-weight computer to take with me on the several business trips I have to make this month.

Great experience, and I never would have even applied if I hadn't been so encouraged by this forum and this thread in particular.  Thanks, everyone!

Message 11 of 25
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Re: I'vRe: Apple Barclay Card Approval !!!!!!!

Congrats! I'm happy for you!

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey , I want a Macbook Air too! *grumble grumble* Smiley Very Happy

Congrats guys & gals, and enjoy it!  Maybe we can make a myFico Macbook Air club ? Smiley Happy

I plan to get one too, but I don't know if I should do the lease system thru my business, or just go for the Barclays card and do it...

but I don't know about Barclays, anyone have long-term experience w/ them?   Does the CL grow w/ you? or is it like Orchard and etc where it stays stagnant forever?

Cheers Everyone! 

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Barclay Card Approval !!!!!!!

@dchrist475 wrote:

I posted a couple days ago that I desperately wanted the new Mac Book Air. And I am also in need of a higher limit credit card. Currently my highest limit comes from Capital One at a HUGE $750. Smiley Tongue

So, I just decided to take the plunge today and apply for the Apple Barclay card.

I was instantly approved for only $340 so I immediately called the backdoor number (866-408-4064) and it was easily increased to $1500.

Im so excited. I can't wait to get my new Mac Book Air!!!

They pulled TU and as you can see below, my scores are not that great...

Wow, you should consider yourself lucky, I got declined when I applied yesterday.  I will call the backdoor number tomorrow, but I doubt it.

Message 14 of 25
vladrad
Contributor

I plan to spend like 6-7k in Apple products. Can You tell me if there is a way wit this Barclaycard or its better way to go with some installments? Any advice?

Citi "Diamond Preferred" (1k), Bank of America (12k), Capital One - secured (0.7k), AMEX Green - (5k), Chase Freedom (4.5k), Chase Slate (3.2k), Discover (3,75k), Chase Explorer (19k), Oldnavy (2.2k), Chase Amazon (3k), Orbitz Rewards (8k), Citi Double Cash (10,4k),
Message 15 of 25
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@vladrad wrote:

I plan to spend like 6-7k in Apple products. Can You tell me if there is a way wit this Barclaycard or its better way to go with some installments? Any advice?

For some reason this thread keeps getting resurected Smiley Happy

Now on to your question. I saw your recent post about your Bank of America approval and wanted to inform you that Barcalys is sensitive to new accounts/inquiries. So if you have any intention on applying for them you should do so once any new cards you recently got have already posted to your credit report. Also if you get approved with them...don't apply for a single credit item or request any credit limit increases that would result in a Hard Pull for at least 6-7 months (just to be on the safe side). Barclays has a history of auto denying applications or giving them the wait message which means you should call the backdoor number (you can ask anyone to look it up or you can look it up on the Backdoor sticky thread). They like to manually review the apps and depending on the other limits and your income they are usually good at matching or at least meeting 1/2 way between your highest limit. So if you have a card with a high credit line and not that many new accounts/inqs and a decent amount of history...they are likely to give you a decent initial income if you ask for it. Now...6-7K is quite a lot and they probably won't approve that much without higher limit cards and sufficient income. I don't have this specific card with them but the financing terms of 6,12,18 months 0% is quite good if you can pay off the balance in that time. If you aren't sure you can...I might recommend you charge a specific amount or wait until you can find another means as their APR is high and depending on the balance that is left after the terms are up + backed/compounding interest you will have quite a bit of debt. 

Message 16 of 25
Neat
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

hey , I want a Macbook Air too! *grumble grumble* Smiley Very Happy

Congrats guys & gals, and enjoy it!  Maybe we can make a myFico Macbook Air club ? Smiley Happy

I plan to get one too, but I don't know if I should do the lease system thru my business, or just go for the Barclays card and do it...

but I don't know about Barclays, anyone have long-term experience w/ them?   Does the CL grow w/ you? or is it like Orchard and etc where it stays stagnant forever?

Cheers Everyone! 

I've had the card for a year and have since received a $1,200 CLI every six months. 

Amex Green, Signal FCU Platinum Visa, Navy FCU Cash Rewards Visa Sig., Citi Forward Visa, Barclaycard Apple Financing Visa
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'vRe: Apple Barclay Card Approval !!!!!!!ro

Hello to everybody

ia m new on this fourms , Please I was trying to appley for Blarclaycard visa and Apple Reward omline But they are not Approve it for me Please what do i have to do ?

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody help me about apple reward, I was trying to apply online but they declined my sign up. what do i do ?

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.