cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Barclaycard Arrival World MC - APPROVED!

tag
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Re: Applied for Barclaycard Arrival World MC - Pending! :(

i want a world mastercard elite so bad .. applied for citi world mastercard but im still waiting to hear and when i called they said ill just have to wait .. tempted to apply to this one

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 11 of 55
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Anyone have more than 3 INQ and 4+ new accounts in last 6 months and got approved for the card?

Instant or Recon?

Limit approved? Is that more/less than most of your others?

I had 7 new accounts in past year (about 5 of them in past 6-7 months) and about 4/5 inquiries on TU when I applied.  I was initially denied (not instant) for too many accounts when I talked to rep.  I reconed and was approved.  TU was about 720's.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 55
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Anyone have more than 3 INQ and 4+ new accounts in last 6 months and got approved for the card?

Instant or Recon?

I had 7 new accounts in past year (about 5 of them in past 6-7 months) and about 4/5 inquiries on TU when I applied.  I was initially denied (not instant) for too many accounts when I talked to rep.  I reconed and was approved.  TU was about 720's.

and they gave you $5k on the non elite?

What is your average or next limit above and below them?

Message 13 of 55
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Fingers and toes crossed. At least you got the 10 day message. I got the 30 day message. 30 day message = DOOM! LOL!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 14 of 55
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
and they gave you $5k on the non elite?

What is your average or next limit above and below them?

Yup.  Got the World MC with them with 5k CL.  My other cards are as follows: (In order I acquired them)

1. Cap1 Secured - 2k CL

2. WF Secured - 1k CL

3. AMEX Zync - NPSL

4. AMEX Delta - 6k CL

5. Walmart Discover - 5.4k CL

6. Chase Amazon Visa - 2.3k CL

7. Chase Freedom Visa - 1.5k CL

8. NFCU Flagship Siggy Visa - 25k CL

9. Discover IT - 6k CL

10. BCP - 8.6k CL

11. Barclay Arrival (AF) World MC - 5k CL

With Chase being so low on my CL list and me wanting CSP, I decided to get the Arrival and farm my other cards for a while before I go for another Chase card.  I want at least a 10k CL on CSP.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 55
enharu
Super Contributor

Thanks a lot everyone!!!

I will definitely call. I have no luck with instant approvals. The only instant approvals I've ever gotten was for Freedom, where I already had CSP and Chase Amazon and prior banking relationship with Chase, and Discover, where I had 0 inquiries on my EQ and everything was nice and pristine. 

I am not sure if it's due to the fact that I'm self employed or I'm just not that trustworthy to the computer/bank Smiley Sad

@improvingmycredit wrote:
Hey enharu!!! I've got my fingers crossed for you!
Please make sure to call the BackDoor number on Monday to expedite the app process. Barclays is very good about that!
I just pulled the trigger on this card and was approved 20K CL. When you get your approval- would you mind sharing if it's the World product or the World Elite? I'd great appreciate it. Best of Luck!!!
Edit: forgot- they pulled TU for me and almost always pull (99.9%) TU. if they need a 2nd- it's (99.9%) EX next.

Should I call this: Barclays: 866-408-4064 (Credit Analyst) or  18663691283?

Were you approved instantly? 
I am hoping they didn't touch my EX at all. That will put me at 12 inquiries Smiley LOL

@Creditaddict wrote:

Instant or Recon?

I have 2 inquiries in the recent 2 years, though both were made around end of march 2013, and 1 new auto loan account reporting at 100% owed of orginal balance that was opened in Feb'13. Guess I need to recon and explain that as well.

Hopefully I get approved!

@09Lexie wrote:
Fingers crossed! I'm sure you'll be fine.

Seems like I have to add this one to my list for fall. 😉

Thanks a lot!!! What cards do you have in mind so far? Smiley Very Happy

@darkfrosty wrote:

i want a world mastercard elite so bad .. applied for citi world mastercard but im still waiting to hear and when i called they said ill just have to wait .. tempted to apply to this one

Which Citi card has the world mastercard elite? The Prestige?

If I am approved for this card, what are the requirements to get it switched to world elite MC? To be honest the only reason why I chose this card was that it is a 2% MC. I was tempted to go with Priceline which gives 2% but it's a visa, and Ron told me they might be downgrading the program soon.

Thanks a lot once again everyone!!!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 16 of 55
colindidit
Established Contributor

I got approved with 7 inquiries and more than 4 new accounts
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 17 of 55
Ron1
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Thanks a lot everyone!!!

I will definitely call. I have no luck with instant approvals. The only instant approvals I've ever gotten was for Freedom, where I already had CSP and Chase Amazon and prior banking relationship with Chase, and Discover, where I had 0 inquiries on my EQ and everything was nice and pristine. 

I am not sure if it's due to the fact that I'm self employed or I'm just not that trustworthy to the computer/bank Smiley Sad

@improvingmycredit wrote:
Hey enharu!!! I've got my fingers crossed for you!
Please make sure to call the BackDoor number on Monday to expedite the app process. Barclays is very good about that!
I just pulled the trigger on this card and was approved 20K CL. When you get your approval- would you mind sharing if it's the World product or the World Elite? I'd great appreciate it. Best of Luck!!!
Edit: forgot- they pulled TU for me and almost always pull (99.9%) TU. if they need a 2nd- it's (99.9%) EX next.

Should I call this: Barclays: 866-408-4064 (Credit Analyst) or  18663691283?

Were you approved instantly? 
I am hoping they didn't touch my EX at all. That will put me at 12 inquiries Smiley LOL

@Creditaddict wrote:

Instant or Recon?

I have 2 inquiries in the recent 2 years, though both were made around end of march 2013, and 1 new auto loan account reporting at 100% owed of orginal balance that was opened in Feb'13. Guess I need to recon and explain that as well.

Hopefully I get approved!

@09Lexie wrote:
Fingers crossed! I'm sure you'll be fine.

Seems like I have to add this one to my list for fall. 😉

Thanks a lot!!! What cards do you have in mind so far? Smiley Very Happy

@darkfrosty wrote:

Which Citi card has the world mastercard elite? The Prestige?

If I am approved for this card, what are the requirements to get it switched to world elite MC? To be honest the only reason why I chose this card was that it is a 2% MC. I was tempted to go with Priceline which gives 2% but it's a visa, and Ron told me they might be downgrading the program soon.

Thanks a lot once again everyone!!!

I had Citi Dividend World MC for over 10 years and I called to request for Elite World MC upgrade. It took 45 days to complete the upgrade.

Ron.

Message 18 of 55
Ron1
Super Contributor

Here is the downgrade promotion for priceline.com Visa:

https://www.pricelinevisa.com/apply/Landing.action?campaignId=1821&cellNumber=4&referrerid=CSUPP1117...

No more 2X points on everything purchase.

Ron.

Message 19 of 55
enharu
Super Contributor

Damn they're really removing it Smiley Sad

https://www.pricelinevisa.com/ still reflects the 2% cashback.

Hopefully I get approved for the Arrival then :/

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 20 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.