cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approvals with bk and lack of history!!

tag
KM6

Approvals with bk and lack of history!!

This is my first time ever posting on this forum... However I have spent numerous hours here reading and reading Smiley Tongue

Just wanted to share my progress. Due to "life happening" I had to repair and rebuild my credit as fast as time would allow starting in August 2013.

This is what my 2013 has been like:

(9yr bk:Fall of 2004. No credit of my own due to marriage. My USAA joint cc with ex was maxed at $13,500.)

- Jan: approved for VS angels card $250, Gap store card $300. I have maxed those out repeatedly and pay off balances in full.

- Mar: denied for Amazon rewards visa due to lack of credit history and bk.

- April: applied for CareCredit. Approved $3300. My highest balance carried was in the 2,000's. 

- Aug: checked scores. EX 610 EQ 739 TU 593.  Decided to take a chance with USAA and apply for my own cc. Approved for World MC $8500. 1 or 2 days later I went for round 2 with USAA and was approved for Rate Advt Plat $5,500. Credit util after approval knocked it down into the high 40's. I have no idea how or why I was approved for so much. My only guess was because I had about 12 grand in my savings account with them. Also disputed and removed the only 2 baddies on cr (other than bk). Oh and I took out a personal loan with USAA just for rebuilding purposes.  $5000 loan with my '98 Durango used as collateral lol. They wouldn't give it to me unsecured due to lack of credit history.

- Sept: checked scores. EX 730 EQ 718 TU 674.  Making huge payments on my personal loan on a weekly basis. Made a big purchase on my World MC and paid off in full. Paid off my CareCredit.

- Oct: checked scores. EX 742 EQ 734 TU 748. Requested increase on both VS store card and Gap card. Approved to $450 and $500. Also USAA must have been feeling generous because without request they increased CL to $14,900. Winning!!  Overall util is at 38%

- The midnight hours of Oct 31: In a moment of YOLO I applied for Discover it. Appoved $3200.  More YOLO Amex BCE. Approved $2300!!!  WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!? This is crazy!!!

FEELING LIKE A BOSS.

I lost $30 on the Amex app from a bet with my boyfriend. I was 100% sure they wouldn't let me in quite yet, but he had hope.  It has never felt so good to lose $30.

Anywho, I feel like I couldn't have done this without the motivation that this forum has given me.  So thank you to everyone that is here! Heart

I hope I have provided enough credit info to be helpful to anyone else!

Preparing my credit for the big D!!! (divorce)
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Approvals with bk and lack of history!!

Congratulations and Welcome to the forum and the AMEX Family.
Message 2 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 10
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the recent approvals and all your success, WTG

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 4 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Welcome to the Forum it's really great to hear your success Congrats !

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 10
MYFYI

great story congrats

grow seedlings grow
Message 6 of 10
KM6

Thanks everyone. I had no idea I would be able to make things happen this quickly. It blows my mind.  I'm thinking right now I'm going to sit back and get some good use out of the Discover and Amex to get those limits increased.  I don't think it's really necessary for me to try and apply for any others at this point.. or is it lol?  I don't even know what I would try for next.

I have read here on the forums about the amex 3x increase ??? I haven't been able to come across the full story on that, so I'm a little unsure what the deal is.  Some explantion would be great.. or a link!

Message 7 of 10
KM6

Ok nevermind.. I just saw the link!  Sorry!

Message 8 of 10
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

You've made great progess, and should be proud.  Congrats!

Message 9 of 10
MsMiami
Valued Member

i love this post..... YOLO lol Smiley Very Happy

..............................................................................................................................
Credit score: 01/2016 TU 669
Fingerhut (2,200) | Express (2,650) | Cap1 Secured (200) | Credit1 (1,000) | | Quicksilver (600) | JCP (3,500) | VS (2,350) | Jared (3,000) | Walmart (4,000) | Bloomingdales (600) | Nordstrom (2,000) | Old Navy (4,000) | nRewards (5,000) | Barclay (1,500) |
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.