cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approvals

tag
Codert777

Approvals

I went app crazy recently.  I was approved for a Walmart Discover Card with a $1600 limit and the Discover It College Card with a $2000 limit. I applied for the Discover It College Card last year and was denied. Honestly I don't believe anything has changed since minus one purchase with my Macy's store card. The jury is still out on the Wells Fargo College Card and the Amazon Visa.

Discover Student Card CL $2000 Wal-mart Discover Card CL $1600 Amazon Store Card CL $800 Playstation Capital One Card CL $300 Macy's Store Card $100
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Approvals

@Codert777 wrote:

I went app crazy recently.  I was approved for a Walmart Discover Card with a $1600 limit and the Discover It College Card with a $2000 limit. I applied for the Discover It College Card last year and was denied. Honestly I don't believe anything has changed since minus one purchase with my Macy's store card. The jury is still out on the Wells Fargo College Card and the Amazon Visa.

call Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons) for the chase amazon now. might just be security stuff and they will transfer you to that department if so and can usually get instant results.

Message 2 of 20
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Congrats. The Ageing of your Credit Lines is what changed, for the better

Message 3 of 20
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congrats x2! Fingers crossed for Wells Fargo & Amazon.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 20
Codert777

I just called and was declined for that one. My length of open accounts and student loans were the reason why. 

Edit: I'm probably going to be declined for the Wells Fargo one as well as I no longer have an account with them. 

Discover Student Card CL $2000 Wal-mart Discover Card CL $1600 Amazon Store Card CL $800 Playstation Capital One Card CL $300 Macy's Store Card $100
Message 5 of 20
diebadcredit6504
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

EX - 522 (Oct 2013) 695 (May 2014)

TU FICO - 580 (Oct 2013) 680 (May 2014)

EQ - 509 - (Oct 2013) 672 (May 2014)
Message 6 of 20
Codert777

Thanks everyone. 

Message 7 of 20
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Addict, not to go off topic, but do you have a good grasp on how Chase Works? Reason I ask, is I checked their pre approval site, and got pre qualified on the Freedom. Normally I would have applied off the bat, but oldest TL (3 Total) is only 9 months long.it seems like the most think 12 months to apply. Thanks for any info

Message 8 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Codert777 wrote:

I just called and was declined for that one. My length of open accounts and student loans were the reason why. 

Edit: I'm probably going to be declined for the Wells Fargo one as well as I no longer have an account with them. 

call back and ask them to reconsider!

tell them "you understand you don't have a lot of history but that's why you were hoping to get a card with chase now to build that relationship and save yourself from having to apply and get 6 small bank cards that will just later have to be closed to get the good card with chase for the long haul and you are okay with starting with a smaller $500-$1000 limit to show them you can handle the account."

Message 9 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Jerry45 wrote:

Addict, not to go off topic, but do you have a good grasp on how Chase Works? Reason I ask, is I checked their pre approval site, and got pre qualified on the Freedom. Normally I would have applied off the bat, but oldest TL (3 Total) is only 9 months long.it seems like the most think 12 months to apply. Thanks for any info

I find chase pre-qual online to be GOLD... I think I have seen it turn to a denial maybe once through here and im being genereous because i don't even think it was chase!

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.