Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved Amex Platinum Card!!!!!

tag
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved Amex Platinum Card!!!!!

Well, I know of one card I'll never possess!

Message 21 of 28
lsdiamond
Established Member

Yeah the rep says the annual fee will be billed in the next 45days after card approval. But after that the reward points earned can be used to cover the full amount $450 of the annual fee for the following years. There's also an option to pay transactions charged over a period of time instead of payment in full every month.

Message 22 of 28
Royal_Flush
Valued Member

@lsdiamond wrote:

I was just approved for the amex platinum (gray) card.. although the710re is a $450 annual fee I will try it for a year then see if its worth keeping. But finally got my hands on it. They pulled Experian credit report my score is around 710. Also, got approved for the amex gold card as well. So excited!!!! Thanks to this site!

Mind sharing your history and credentials at the time of application?

Message 23 of 28
mojobones89
Contributor

Besides your score being 710,what did everything else look like?
Message 24 of 28
gpfirestone
New Contributor

for all reading this, i highly advise waiting for the mega bonuses from Amex before applying for either platinum or gold cards.  and if you are going for platinum, go for platinum business.  these cards are really really bad on rewards

:Capital One Spark Business $45k:::Chase Sapphire Preferred $30k:::Chase Amazon Visa $3k:::American Express BC $10k:::Chase Ink Plus $15k:::American Express Business Plum:::American Express Business Platinum::Citi Thank You Preferred $50k:::City Simplicity $10k:::REI Visa $10k::Capital One Quicksilver $15k:::American Express EveryDay $10k:::Wells Fargo Platinum Cash Back $10k:

FIA/BOA is the plague. AVOID THEM!
Message 25 of 28
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

I lile the Plat. The AF for AUs is $175 but you can get two more for no additional cost. Each one can get most of the bennies including lounges. You can also set the spending limits on each AU. They have different card numbers and your bill will break down expenses for each AU. Very nice feature.

And you can't beat the spending they will allow.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 26 of 28
creditballer
Regular Contributor

Congrats...my dream cards Smiley Happy

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 27 of 28
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@gpfirestone wrote:

for all reading this, i highly advise waiting for the mega bonuses from Amex before applying for either platinum or gold cards.  and if you are going for platinum, go for platinum business.  these cards are really really bad on rewards

The rewards are fine or even excellent if your spend and redemption fit their profile.  If they don't, then yes they suck.  I'm in the category where the Zync was the best charge card hands down; that doesn't make me a bad person or Amex a bad company, I'm just a misfit for their reward structure with my usual spend and utter lack of travelling.

Everyone has to do the math and be at least responsible for their actions in this regard; if Amex or FIA doesn't work for you, that's fine; however, repeated negativity regarding specific lenders has come up on this forum before and it wasn't pretty.

        
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.