cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card

tag
ML820

Approved Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card

I got the Amex Zync (NPSL) in June 2012. I have been putting around $2000.00 a month thru the card. When I received the letter I'm the mail about discontinuing the Pack I knew I wanted to get the Gold card however I was not sure if I was going to be approved. Last night I pulled the trigger over the phone with Amex was told my application was not instantly approved and to give it a few hours but they don't see why I would not receive the card since I was already in the Amex family.

Later on in the night I checked the applications status website it said processing. This morning I call the number on the website get a rep he says " oh your already a card member, your approved your card will be there in 2 days ".

Now I have the Zync and the Premier Rewards Gold Card !
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Alcibiades
Contributor

Re: Approved Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card

Congratulations. In many ways the PRG is the best charge card offered by Amex.

Message 2 of 10
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Nice! My story is very similar to yours. I got the Zync in July, and I apped for the PRG in January. I'm keeping the Zync for now; then novelty of having a super-rare amex is worth an extra $25 a year. I'm willing to bet Zync members eventually get migrated to some other type of established card; if so, I'll probably cancel and just keep the PRG.
Message 3 of 10
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 10
eviLution
Established Contributor

I have my eye on the Amex PRG too. I'm gonna wait til July to apply though.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 5 of 10
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice going, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 10
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@ML820 wrote:
I got the Amex Zync (NPSL) in June 2012. I have been putting around $2000.00 a month thru the card. When I received the letter I'm the mail about discontinuing the Pack I knew I wanted to get the Gold card however I was not sure if I was going to be approved. Last night I pulled the trigger over the phone with Amex was told my application was not instantly approved and to give it a few hours but they don't see why I would not receive the card since I was already in the Amex family.

Later on in the night I checked the applications status website it said processing. This morning I call the number on the website get a rep he says " oh your already a card member, your approved your card will be there in 2 days ".

Now I have the Zync and the Premier Rewards Gold Card !

Congrats on having the "Unicorn" as well as getting the PRG Card!  That's a formidable combination !

Message 7 of 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I have had zync since Feb 2012 and got PRG in January 2013.. I love having both Smiley Happy
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 8 of 10
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

I would like that card but I am not sure I can justify it. The fee is just so high! I think thats why I am going to get the mercedes benz amex instead. Its almost as good for a lower fee. 

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 9 of 10
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Congrats! That is awesome. I aspire to an Amex card one day. That would be the pinnacle of my rebuilding experience if I could get a green card and get backdated to 1991 when I had a green card in a former credit life...

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.