Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Approved] Applying for Blue Cash Preferred: my odds and backup plan

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: [Approved] Applying for Blue Cash Preferred: my odds and backup plan

BofA is a nice bank to work with as well. They can be very generous with their credit lines. You can always think about it and go for it at a latter time.

The cash+ has rotating 5% categories that can be nice if your spending habits happen to meet at least 1 of those categories, such as restaurants, bookstores (amazon.com), electronics, etc. For me it was an exceptionally great card before the nerf. Still a good card as it is now, but much more limited. The quarter just started a month ago and I'm already maxed out on 2k in spending for restaurants, so I'm back to CSP for most of my purchases. Can't complain though since its a no AF card.

If you are unsure of approval odds and want to avoid unnecessary risks, gardening is always going to be the right call. Don't worry about AA. It usually takes a combination of factors to result in AA, such as:
1. High utilization and only minimum, or just low amounts of payments made.
2. New accounts + signs of juggling debt.
3. Too much CL and debt compared to income, etc.

Just keep your accounts in good standing and there's really nothing to worry. My utilization skyrockets quite a bit but I usually PIF. i have never gotten any kind of AA, and instead even gotten auto CLIs, for example.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 41 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.