Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved For a Walmart Card!

tag
yodi2007
Contributor

Approved For a Walmart Card!

First came a Capital One Secured Card for 200.00, Then get approved for a 19k Auto Loan @ 15.8% ( Got a 2012 Altima ), Now Walmart gave me a CL of 400.00! This is all when my credit  in Shambles . I currently have 2 repos ( Repoed at the same time from the same lender) for 5K plus all falling off this year! 

It may not be an AMEX, Discover, or any other fancy card but it will help construct the bridge to Excellent credit once again before life hardships! This site has helped me greatly!

P.S I plan to Refi later on after 6 months on time payments!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Approved For a Walmart Card!

@yodi2007 wrote:

@Anonymous came a Capital One Secured Card for 200.00, Then get approved for a 19k Auto Loan @ 15.8% ( Got a 2012 Altima ), Now Walmart gave me a CL of 400.00! This is all when my credit  in Shambles . I currently have 2 repos ( Repoed at the same time from the same lender) for 5K plus all falling off this year! 

It may not be an AMEX, Discover, or any other fancy card but it will help construct the bridge to Excellent credit once again before life hardships! This site has helped me greatly!

Great news 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 13
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 3 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats! Don't forget to activate paperless statements to get your free TU score. 

Message 4 of 13
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the card. 

The thing about this site, everyone here started out with just a couple hundred as a first credit limit.  The information here will help you take that initial starting limit and grow it into much higher limits in due course.  It takes time and persistant management to pay off...but ask anyone with a five figure card what their first limit was and I betcha, almost all will say an amount right about where you are now.   You will do fine and it will amaze you how fast things can grow in the garden.

Smiley Happy  Good job!!

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 5 of 13
yodi2007
Contributor

Thanks for the grats I will go paperless as I like alerts mobile. Wasnt really looking for a new Charge Card but thought what the heck I never applied for a store card other than my Military Star Card. I don't really shop alot except for getting things like clothing, food, rare ocasional electronics once a year and maybe car maint.

Message 6 of 13
firstladyd
Contributor

Congrats.  Over the years i have been turned down 3x by walmart.  I finally gave up and got my $200 cap1 secured.  Now 3 years later walmart gave me $1000 to start and just bumped me to $1200. just take care of that card cause with the free fico and the credit limit increases it will take care of you.

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU 734 Walmart EQ 704 FICO EX 721
Goal Score: 750 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 13
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice, Congrats! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 13
londonhogfan
Contributor

@yodi2007 wrote:

@Anonymous came a Capital One Secured Card for 200.00, Then get approved for a 19k Auto Loan @ 15.8% ( Got a 2012 Altima ), Now Walmart gave me a CL of 400.00! This is all when my credit  in Shambles . I currently have 2 repos ( Repoed at the same time from the same lender) for 5K plus all falling off this year! 

Awesome work! Any idea what your scores were when you got the secured card and now?

how long after getting the secured card did you app for walmart?

good luck on the refi - great rates right now.

I'll be in the garden... FICO Score | TU-08: 732 in May 2013
Message 9 of 13
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Congrats...

That auto loan really really sucks though.
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.