New Visitor
jmm1712

Approved for 2 Amex Charge Cards -- Need to close 1 - Advice/ questions

Hello Everyone 

A few days ago I decided to apply for an amex charge card, my dream card was the platnum but I had originally decided to app for the zync because I did not think i would be able to get anything else of my limited credit history(less than 1 year ) but I found that the zync had been discontinued so I decided to give green a shot and to my shock i was instantly approved , but this morning i decided to just go for platnum since that was what I originally wanted and again I was instantly approved 

So now my question is what is the best way to go about cancelling the green card and keeping the platnum, should I do it now or wait ?? I obviously have no need for 2 amex charge cards especially when one of them has a $450 fee .  and will this affect my credit score or my relationship with AMEX ??? 

Thanks everyone .

Established Contributor
n777ua

Re: Approved for 2 Amex Charge Cards -- Need to close 1 - Advice/ questions

Just call new accounts and tell them you don't want the green, they'll be more than happy to bill you the $450 for the plat.

Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE $19.7k, Amex HH Surpass $11.3k, Amex Business Gold NPSL, Chase Ink Bold $15k (flex)Chase Sapphire Preffered $26k, Citi Diamond $13.3k, Citi TY Preferred $10.5k, Virgin Atlantic Amex $8k, Discover Motiva $10k, Boa World Elite $10k, US Bank Visa $4.1k, GE Amazon $4k, GE Lowes $6k, BillMeLater $4.4k, Target $.2k, CapOne $2k Von Maur NPSL,
Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

n777ua wrote:

Just call new accounts and tell them you don't want the green, they'll be more than happy to bill you the $450 for the plat.

^^^That

Valued Contributor
nicholasyud

Anyone get throu with it !?? I would love to change my green to gold and get the bonus 25000 or something ??? It's worth like 250 dollars right !??

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 9k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 3.4k|Cap: 3.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 5k| Pen:4.5k

Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

Congrats on the approvals.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+