Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Freedom-Denied Discover

tag
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

Re: Approved for Freedom-Denied Discover

Congrats!!!  Didn't I tell you that you'd be pleasantly surprised!  I knew it'd be instant approval with a big limit!  I am very happy for you!

improvingmycredit,
Thank You, Thank You, for nudging me.
YOU WERE RIGHT ON THE MONEY.

Amex Zync NPSL 9/12, Amex CostcoTrue Earnings $10K 9/12
Amex BCE $3K 9/12 (Amex Back Dated to 1983)
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17K 11/12, Chase Freedom $7K 11/12
Discover More $750 11/12
CapitalOne Platinum Secured Card 2K 2/12 (Closed 12/12)
FICO: EQ = 804 EX = 802(Amex) TU = 801(Discover)
Message 31 of 56
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Mustangfrank wrote:

I guess I should although the Discover card was supposed to be my "Safety" card.

Turns out it might be the toughest catch yet.

I will follow up tomorrow.

My head is still realing and distantarray has me in stitches.

LOL Glad you enjoyed it Smiley Very Happy

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 32 of 56
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Too many people discount the advantage of backdating from Amex.  After CSP reports for 4+ months- app the NFCU card.  You'll get a good 20K limit but I bet 25K.  That's what I ended up with.  Super Congrats!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 33 of 56
distantarray
Established Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

Too many people discount the advantage of backdating from Amex.  After CSP reports for 4+ months- app the NFCU card.  You'll get a good 20K limit but I bet 25K.  That's what I ended up with.  Super Congrats!

backdating <3 snifffffff want to buy backdate LOL , I wish I would've apped when my credit was great when I was 18 Smiley Sad

Message 34 of 56
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

Really ?

Wow that is nuts.

I would have been happy with $5,000.

Heck ten months ago I would have danced on my desk if I had gotten a $1,000 credit limit.

What is NFCU a credit Union ? 

Discover More $750 11/12
Message 35 of 56
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Mustangfrank wrote:

Really ?

Wow that is nuts.

Heck ten months ago I would have danced on my desk if I had gotten a $1,000 credit limit.

Navy Federal Credit Union. Although you have to have a family member sponser you in if you weren't in the military or have a military roommate.

They're known for the best credit limits in the industry, I got approved for $17,000 when my highest personal card was $1,500 secured card. They also have this thing called NavChek which is wonderful a overdraft line of credit attached to your credit report, they have a 2% card flagship visa which is like the Capital One Venture with less annual fee. and 1.5% cash back card with no annual fee. The Platinum like I have is one of the lowest APR in the industry as well.

NavChek will usually match your credit limit on your credit card and if you have $1,000 in your account and have a NavChek account it's a rainy day cash advance so if you write a check for $15,000 it'll clear and you get charged a low rate APR on the cash advance. Even if you don't use it it reports as a credit card.

Message 36 of 56
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

backdating <3 snifffffff want to buy backdate LOL , I wish I would've apped when my credit was great when I was 18 Smiley Sad

I forgot I even had an American Express credit card 29 years ago.

Hell I don't remember a lot of things I did back them but I had a lot of fun.

Everyone on this board told me I would really benefit from the Back Dating and I had no idea because my actual history is only ten (10) months.

I did follow everyone's instructions before the Amex kicked in and my scores really rose quickly.

Discover More $750 11/12
Message 37 of 56
haoniukun
Established Member

Most probably, you're approved.

I was declined by chase because of too many inquires.

But I was approved by discover 3 months later.

You just need to wait.

Discover called me the second day I submitted my application.

Message 38 of 56
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@Mustangfrank wrote:

Really ?

Wow that is nuts.

Navy Federal Credit Union. Although you have to have a family member sponser you in if you weren't in the military or have a military roommate.

They're known for the best credit limits in the industry, I got approved for $17,000 when my highest personal card was $1,500 secured card. They also have this thing called NavChek which is wonderful a overdraft line of credit attached to your credit report, they have a 2% card flagship visa which is like the Capital One Venture with less annual fee. and 1.5% cash back card with no annual fee. The Platinum like I have is one of the lowest APR in the industry as well.

NavChek will usually match your credit limit on your credit card and if you have $1,000 in your account and have a NavChek account it's a rainy day cash advance so if you write a check for $15,000 it'll clear and you get charged a low rate APR on the cash advance. Even if you don't use it it reports as a credit card.

Wow that is impressive.

I have seen the NFCU many times but never fully understood what the benefits were.

Unfortunately I do not know anyone in the service.

Discover More $750 11/12
Message 39 of 56
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Mustangfrank wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@Mustangfrank wrote:

Really ?

Wow that is nuts.

Wow that is impressive.

I have seen the NFCU many times but never fully understood what the benefits were.

Unfortunately I do not know anyone in the service.

it doesn't end there they also got me 31% discount on my Geico car insurance, and they still offer 0% downpayment mortgages with $2,500 to you on closing =)

You don't live near Tampa do you? If you do I might be able to get you in Smiley Wink

Message 40 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.