Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Hyatt, DENIED for CSP

tag
ama0301
Established Member

Approved for Hyatt, DENIED for CSP

I applied and was approved for the Hyatt card. My credit line is !2k, I applied the same say for the CSP and the application said pending. I received a denial letter stating that it is due the the credit amount with Chase. I also have the Freedom card with 8.5K limit and Slate with a 500 cl. Should I call and recon on the CSP? The Freedom and Slate were approved Jan 2013. Any suggestions.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for Hyatt, DENIED for CSP

Every lender has a ceiling amount they are willing to lend you. It sounds like you've reached it with Chase.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 2 of 18
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

In the future, if you are approved for a low limit with a lender, you've most likely reached your limit with them. You may be able to move credit from the Freedom to open the Sapphire Preferred, but other than that, you most likely won't get it.

Message 3 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I agree with the others. Try and see if your app can be approved if they move some of your CL.
Message 4 of 18
ama0301
Established Member

Would I call the number on the letter to request for the CL to be moved around?

Message 5 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

When someone reaches the limit with a lender like this is it based soley on income or over time will the while having cards with the lender will they raise the ceiling even if the income stays the same?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 6 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Call the number on the backdoor sticky

Good luck

-------------------------------------------------------------------
@red259

The CL ceiling could be based on a couple of things. Income and credit profile namely.
Message 7 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

The CL threshold is dependent on many factors, mostly income and credit history. If chase has extended you quite a bit of credit just a couple weeks / months ago, chances are they might not want to issue you anymore credit for the time being as well, even if you haven't exactly hit the "real" threshold.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 18
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
The CL threshold is dependent on many factors, mostly income and credit history. If chase has extended you quite a bit of credit just a couple weeks / months ago, chances are they might not want to issue you anymore credit for the time being as well, even if you haven't exactly hit the "real" threshold.

+1. You need to keep in mind that you've already opened 3 cards with Chase this year alone, so this may be a sign that you've hit their internal limit with you (for the time being at least). As your credit and income improve, their max exposure to you will increase.

The other thing to keep in mind is that Chase is much more generous with their co-branded cards. Non co-branded cards like the CSP tend to have slightly tougher approval criteria and lower starting CLs.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 9 of 18
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

You got approved for $12k right? not $2k

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.