cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for New BCP and Citi thankyou preferred!

tag
PowerRanger

Approved for New BCP and Citi thankyou preferred!

After a year of gardening I pulled the trigger on AMEX BCP and Citi TY preferred. Instant approval on both! BCP CL 5k and Citi 6.5k which is now my highest. Gotta thank this forum. I went from No credit in 03/2011 to all my cards (BCP, Discover More, Barclays apple and Citi ty) except for my cap 1 secured with a $300 limit are over 5k and prime.  I guess patience's and discipline are the key to a healthy credit report. Wish I knew that in college lol.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Approved for New BCP and Citi thankyou preferred!

Congrats on both approvals! You are absolutely correct, patience and discipline are the key.

Building good credit is a marathon not a race!
Message 2 of 6
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals, WTG

Back to the garden with ye!!Smiley LOL

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 3 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@PowerRanger wrote:

After a year of gardening I pulled the trigger on AMEX BCP and Citi TY preferred. Instant approval on both! BCP CL 5k and Citi 6.5k which is now my highest. Gotta thank this forum. I went from No credit in 03/2011 to all my cards (BCP, Discover More, Barclays apple and Citi ty) except for my cap 1 secured with a $300 limit are over 5k and prime.  I guess patience's and discipline are the key to a healthy credit report. Wish I knew that in college lol.

Congrats your patience, discipline and gardening worked and lead you to 2 nice cards with great limits BRAVO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 6
rtw
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 5 of 6
Express
Frequent Contributor

@PowerRanger wrote:

Welcome to the Amex Family!  Smiley Very Happy

Glad you could make it. Smiley Happy

CL $408,200
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.