Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Old Navy!

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Approved for Old Navy!

@jdirilo wrote:
Sweet! I am thankful I was approved for anything so ill just quit now and let these cards grow. I don't plan on using them often, but is GE sensitive to usage? IE if I don't use them often will they close them?

For your cards to grow, you do need to use them to show a pattern of activity on them.  I would say not every month but if you want the best optimal opportunity for a decent CLI (and since GECRB can be very generous), then put some moderate use here and there.

Message 11 of 14
RushXTC
Established Contributor

@jdirilo wrote:
First store card ever! $300. I've been denied before and thought for sure it'd happen again but nope. Just wondering who does their cards, if there's a chance I'd get approved for another store card now that I've taken the HP. Haven't checked my scores recently but my bank said its just over 600 on ex and they gave me a $1500 cc while using half of that to pay off my capital one cards. I have nfcu nrewards $5000 limit also. My rebuilding is paying off, slowly. I just have a TON of inqs.

Congratz! I was surprisingly approved for the Old Navy VISA with starting limit of $2,000!

I was thinking they'd only approve me for the store card. Although I screwed up and went happy, Loaded it up to around $500 within the first week lol still paying it off >_<

Message 12 of 14
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

If you didnt get the VISA version just make sure to use it here in there to show activity and once those CLI accumulate they will offer you a VISA upgrade! Best thing about ON, AE, TJMAXX, WAL-MART, and BR credit cards. Congrats!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 13 of 14
musicon1110
Valued Member

I'm newish and was just wondering (there seems to be a lot of different opinions on this floating around here) when is the best time to hit the love button on GE cards? I have the Old Navy store card, which was opened in June of this year, with a $300 limit. My 3rd statement just cut on 20th August, I PIF every month and utilize around 30-40% paying multiple times a month.
Some say hit it every 4 months, others say every 4th statement. Some say they've had luck on 3rd statement. Some say wait 6 months. I'd like to know your opinions on this.
Thanks in advance!
And congrats OP!!!
AE $400, First Premier Centennial MC $450, First Premier Platinum MC $700, Orchard Bank MC (now Capital One) $750, Capital One QuicksilverOne $750, Capital One QuicksilverOne $750, Target $500, Capital One MTV Visa $1000, Merrick Bank Visa $1200, PayPal SC $300, Old Navy $300, Torrid $250, Amazon $600, Roaman's $250, GAP $200, HSN $500, Nordstrom $500, JCPenney $500, QVC $500, Kohl's $300, Victoria's Secret $350, J Crew $500, Express $500, Ann Taylor/LOFT $500, The Avenue $250, CareCredit $800, AU on Walmart $600
As of 2/2014 Merrick Bank FICO 618 Equifax 633 Credit Karma 576
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.