Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Ritz and Alaska Airlines. Hyatt pending

tag
JGuz649
Valued Member

Approved for Ritz and Alaska Airlines. Hyatt pending

Decided to jump on the 70k Ritz offer with annual fee waived over the phone. Got instantly approved for 5k and the phone process went very smoothly. 

Applied for Hyatt card online afterwards and got pending decision.....expected as both are provided by Chase. Hopefully I get approved or call in to get some of my CSP limit moved to open the card.

I then went for my first BoA card with Alaska Airlines. $75 for a visa signature is not bad and the companion fare is a sweet yearly bonus....16k approval! Was very surprised they beat my CSP limit.

3 inq and 699 EX score before the mini spree. Util 11%, 6.2 AAoA and 2 old baddies on file. With the exception of wanting a Chase Freedom, I'm looking to layoff Experian for 2 years while I save for a house Smiley Happy

Chase 17k - CSP/ IHG/ Hyatt || JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton 5k || AMEX 3.3k - SPG || Barclay 5k - US Airways/NFL || BoA 16k - Alaska Airlines || Citi - Best Buy 2k. EX 732

Now happily in the garden Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for Ritz and Alaska Airlines. Hyatt pending

@JGuz649 wrote:

Decided to jump on the 70k Ritz offer with annual fee waived over the phone. Got instantly approved for 5k and the phone process went very smoothly. 

Applied for Hyatt card online afterwards and got pending decision.....expected as both are provided by Chase. Hopefully I get approved or call in to get some of my CSP limit moved to open the card.

I then went for my first BoA card with Alaska Airlines. $75 for a visa signature is not bad and the companion fare is a sweet yearly bonus....16k approval! Was very surprised they beat my CSP limit.

3 inq and 699 EX score before the mini spree. Util 11%, 6.2 AAoA and 2 old baddies on file. With the exception of wanting a Chase Freedom, I'm looking to layoff Experian for 2 years while I save for a house Smiley Happy

Awesome!

I'm waiting to get the Alaska card, but am very tempted to just go for it. That and the Marriott.

Congrats on your approvals!!

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 2 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations and good luck on the Hyatt.  I'm sure you know that the Ritz cc puts the CSP to shame when it comes to weight and presentation.  

Message 3 of 18
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!  I have the Ritz card on my radar but only in 6-8 months, the points can transfer to Marriott and I think the Ritz AF pays for itself easily.  Alaska miles are valuable, you got some very nice additions there!

Message 4 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@B335is wrote:

Congrats!  I have the Ritz card on my radar but only in 6-8 months, the points can transfer to Marriott and I think the Ritz AF pays for itself easily.  Alaska miles are valuable, you got some very nice additions there!

The AF easily pays for itself.  Maybe the 140k bonus will be around when you decide

Message 5 of 18
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 18
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 8 of 18
JGuz649
Valued Member

Thanks everyone! 09Lexie I've heard Ritz beats CSP in presentation but have not actually seen one in person. Very excited to get the package in the mail!

J_Casteel I was debating Marriott but got Ritz due to annual fee being waived first year. It gives me a year to see if I personally can balance out the AF with the perks and if not I can get Marriott down the line. I got the 30k Alaska airelines offer although I know they had as high as 50k last december. 

Chase 17k - CSP/ IHG/ Hyatt || JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton 5k || AMEX 3.3k - SPG || Barclay 5k - US Airways/NFL || BoA 16k - Alaska Airlines || Citi - Best Buy 2k. EX 732

Now happily in the garden Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 18
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

Outstanding!!!!!!!!!! A big congratualtions!!! 

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.