Reply
New Contributor
IIIII
Posts: 55
Registered: ‎11-08-2009
0

Approved for USBank Platinum Visa today!

Applied last week, kinda forgot about it and was pleasantly surprised to see this in my email this morning. So i called them up, 5K CL, 0% APR for first 6 months and 13% APR. I wish the CL was higher but i can work on getting them to increase it down the road. YES! 

 

 

 

Congratulations, you have been approved for the U.S. Bank Visa(R) Platinum Card.
You will receive your account information via U.S. Mail in 7-10 days.
If you requested a balance transfer, you will receive a letter in the mail with information regarding the request. 

 

 

 


Starting Score: (1/22/2010) TU 759, Eq 742
Current Score: (6/22/2010) TU 724, Eq 735
Goal Score: (1/01/2011) TU 800, Eq 783


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Imhotrodcrazy
Posts: 1,447
Registered: ‎03-11-2009
0

Re: Approved for USBank Platinum Visa today!


IIIII wrote:

Applied last week, kinda forgot about it and was pleasantly surprised to see this in my email this morning. So i called them up, 5K CL, 0% APR for first 6 months and 13% APR. I wish the CL was higher but i can work on getting them to increase it down the road. YES! 

 

 

 

Congratulations, you have been approved for the U.S. Bank Visa(R) Platinum Card.
You will receive your account information via U.S. Mail in 7-10 days.
If you requested a balance transfer, you will receive a letter in the mail with information regarding the request. 

 

 

 


Congrats on the approval.   I have been with US Bank for a long time and I think they are a great bank.  I have two of their cards,  flex and platinum.

FICOS
TU 805 9/2/14
EX 812 9/23/14
EQ 829 9/20/14

/ Amex 16.5k / / Chase Freedom 10.6k / Nasa 30k / / / / SD'd US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k
Regular Contributor
gymbo731
Posts: 219
Registered: ‎01-04-2010
0

Re: Approved for USBank Platinum Visa today!

Are their any prerequisites to getting this card? I thought I might have read if you don't have a US bank near you, then you won't get approved. Is that true?

 

Congrats BTW!

 

What was your total util, and AAoA?


Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor
IIIII
Posts: 55
Registered: ‎11-08-2009
0

Re: Approved for USBank Platinum Visa today!

[ Edited ]

i've read this also, i dont have a USBank branch in my state but there is one across the state line thats about 30 mins away. I dont have a checking/saving/mortgage/loans, no business with USBank ever unitl i applied for their Platinum Visa. 


Starting Score: (1/22/2010) TU 759, Eq 742
Current Score: (6/22/2010) TU 724, Eq 735
Goal Score: (1/01/2011) TU 800, Eq 783


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Boonie
Posts: 261
Registered: ‎02-08-2010
0

Re: Approved for USBank Platinum Visa today!

I have had a checking and savings with US Bank for about 3 years now and they wont even give me a Secured card.    Therefore, I opened accounts at my local CU hoping to get more generosity from them.  US Bank used to make a lot of money off my debit card transactions!  I felt like US Bank was benefiting from the relationship more than I was.

09/20/14 FICOs, EX 671, EQ 677, TU 701
Contributor
felixfly2000
Posts: 92
Registered: ‎01-24-2008
0

Re: Approved for USBank Platinum Visa today!

Congrats on your new card IIIII;

 

I was/am thinking for applying for this card, and have received an offer to apply, but my scores are no wheres near yours. Just some quick questions.

 

1. Is it true that this card comes with an AF that is waved if your purchase make it to a certain level?

2. Also how did your invit read; Your a pre-approved or you are pre-approved to apply?

3. Last, who did they pull?

New Contributor
IIIII
Posts: 55
Registered: ‎11-08-2009
0

Re: Approved for USBank Platinum Visa today!

[ Edited ]

 

Thanks felixfly2000!
1. From their website for the card that i got.  "No Annual Fee. There is no annual fee with the U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Credit Card the first year and every year that you charge at least one purchase to the account."
2. I didnt get an invite, i was in search of a new CC read some reviews here and there, decided on the Amazon Visa and USBank. App'ed for the Amazon Visa and i was denied see thread here. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Denied-Amazon-Visa/m-p/685285#M218316 I apped for the USBank card a few mins later and was approved by email. 
3. I cant say for sure who they pulled since i havent pulled my Credit report since then but im it has to be Transunion or Equifax since Experian has the delinquent BMG/Columbia House account. Which should be removed soon. 


felixfly2000 wrote:

Congrats on your new card IIIII;

 

I was/am thinking for applying for this card, and have received an offer to apply, but my scores are no wheres near yours. Just some quick questions.

 

1. Is it true that this card comes with an AF that is waved if your purchase make it to a certain level?

2. Also how did your invit read; Your a pre-approved or you are pre-approved to apply?

3. Last, who did they pull?


 

 

 


Starting Score: (1/22/2010) TU 759, Eq 742
Current Score: (6/22/2010) TU 724, Eq 735
Goal Score: (1/01/2011) TU 800, Eq 783


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
felixfly2000
Posts: 92
Registered: ‎01-24-2008
0

Re: Approved for USBank Platinum Visa today!

Thanks you for your response. This card is still on my list now.

Regular Contributor
tengtengvn
Posts: 249
Registered: ‎01-18-2009
0

Re: Approved for USBank Platinum Visa today!

 


Boonie wrote:

I have had a checking and savings with US Bank for about 3 years now and they wont even give me a Secured card.    Therefore, I opened accounts at my local CU hoping to get more generosity from them.  US Bank used to make a lot of money off my debit card transactions!  I felt like US Bank was benefiting from the relationship more than I was.


 

Try to talk to an account manager at your local branch (have your credit report & pay stubs ready to show). I started last year and today I have 7 accounts with them: $22k CL CCs, $15k LOC and $27k auto loan @ 3.5%. No other banks can beat that.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Frequent Contributor
ShiningDown
Posts: 319
Registered: ‎08-12-2011
0

Re: Approved for USBank Platinum Visa today!

[ Edited ]

 I had an offer this week and it read   Dear Mrs. ............... Your excellent credit history pre-qualifies you for the US. Bank*Visa*Platinum Card. Visit usbank.com?my offer to apply now. Your new card features  .............    I applied with the confirmation code and was approved for 1,000    My exuifax score was 708  and my experion plus score was 708 ,  my debt when I applied was  chase limit 6000 ,   3,300 balance opened 8-2008

capitalone limit 500 , 475 balance  opened 8-2011

HSBC limit 1,000 , balance  911.00   opened 8-2011

  Installment loan from tri-city bank for 19,000  balance 11,000 opened  7,2007  no late payments on any accounts.

 

I have the  prescreen and opt out notice on the back lowest section of your credit card application. I read a post on this and someone seems to think it matters if you have this opt out notice. I also had 2 hard pulls from chase for a  credit limit increase, February denied November denied,  September approved for 1,000 no hard pull. I think my credit report was clean when I applied but I was waiting for a 150 days late payment to disappear but I just applied without knowing for sure my score went up so I assumed it was not showing up. the annual fee is waved if you spend 40.00 a year. I dont know who they pulled but I will post it monday night if it comes by then.

after I applied for us bank visa , the next day I was approved for a citi diamond preferred for 1,500 for balance transfer.  have you checked out scorematch.com or who gave me credit.com.


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+