cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Wal-Mart card.. but which one?

tag
TravisD
Contributor

Approved for Wal-Mart card.. but which one?

Approved online for $900 limit (yay me!). But how do I know which one it is? I read through the terms and I don't see where it mentions either store card or discover. Either way I'm very excited since we were looking to buy a new TV and walmart has a 0% interested for 12 months on TVs right now.
........???................659 (FICO)................659 (TU08) ........
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Approved for Wal-Mart card.. but which one?

It usually says on the approval page whether you got the discover or store card. You can always just wait till it comes in the mail, or call up and ask.
Message 2 of 17
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Yes, I applied just a few days ago and the online approval message specifically said it would be a Discover card. But I can easily see being excited enough to miss that! Congratulations on your new card. I hear these grow nice & fast.

Message 3 of 17
eviLution
Established Contributor

@TravisD wrote:
Approved online for $900 limit (yay me!). But how do I know which one it is? I read through the terms and I don't see where it mentions either store card or discover. Either way I'm very excited since we were looking to buy a new TV and walmart has a 0% interested for 12 months on TVs right now.

where are you seeing this 0% interest for 12 months? last i saw was 0% interest for 24 months, but that ended 2/08/2013.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 4 of 17
TravisD
Contributor

Thanks for the responses guys, no mention of discover so I guess its a storecard.

And eviLution - there is a sign in store next to the TVs pricetag stating the promotion.
........???................659 (FICO)................659 (TU08) ........
Message 5 of 17
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Yeah!! Thats awesome $900 CL is excellent for a starting CL.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 6 of 17
eviLution
Established Contributor

@TravisD wrote:
Thanks for the responses guys, no mention of discover so I guess its a storecard.

And eviLution - there is a sign in store next to the TVs pricetag stating the promotion.

Thanks!

I've had my eye on the 46" Vizio LED TV for awhile. It goes for $698

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 7 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

No matter what the website says, im fairly certain you can ALWAYS get 0% on large purchases for X months. All the cashiers have all the bar codes at the register for that, you just have to ask. Might be wrong, but i definitely read that somewhere.
Message 8 of 17
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 9 of 17
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval! A lot of members have success stories to increase initial CL on activation Smiley Wink 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.