Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Walmart Discover

tag
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

Re: Approved for Walmart Discover

@cowboyguy wrote:

I've always been very confused with the rewards on Gas.

Costco Gas stations normally offer a discounted price on Gas. I've literally calculated the difference compared to normal Gas stations & found Costco is around 1.3% cheaper. On the other hand, I think Freedom & Discover sometimes offer 5% on Gas. Unfortunately, Costco Gas stations only accept Debit cards & Amex Credit Cards. Now Walmart Discover offers 5c on each gallon, which really is only 1.2% on a full tank of Nissan Altima.

Life's so confusing Smiley Happy

To make things even more complicated, most cards issued by Amex don't give bonus points for gas stations attached to a Costco (only U.S. "stand-alone" gas stations). Only the Costco TrueEarning does, I believe, and even that only gives 3%.

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 11 of 28
solstice00
Regular Contributor

It grows very fast. I got a limit of 1000.

I reconned and they said they are unable to increase the credit limit right now.

Asked me to call back in 2 months.

"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
Message 12 of 28
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@cowboyguy wrote:

Thank you so much for your responses.

Before reading these responses, I called them in & requested for reconsideration of my initial CL. As mentioned above, they said it wouldn't be possible for them at this stage to increase the limit. However, I can call them in after 3 months & request for a CLI.

On a different note, I've always read here that for Discover cards (like Discover IT), customers have to wait for atleast 6 months before applying for a CLI. Is this card different from other Discover cards as far as CLIs are concerned?

Did you call the backdoor #?

Message 13 of 28
KatherineLee
Valued Member

I applied and got a Walmart Discover card recently.  I was offered a 1.2k CL to start.  I was given a recon number and got an increase to 3k.  They asked me what I wanted, and I just threw out 3k because I didn't want to be greedy.  Maybe I should have asked for more, but I plan to use the card only for the TU FICO score anyways. 

Congrats on the card! 

Message 14 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

It's a GREAT card.
Your credit must be in tip top shop! A lot of times $2k is the highest initial line GE will allow.
You call and ask for $5k!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Call this num 18773798173

Ask for $5k, $10k of you feel lucky! Never go through reg cs for clis!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 28
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@cowboyguy wrote:

Thank you so much for your responses.

Before reading these responses, I called them in & requested for reconsideration of my initial CL. As mentioned above, they said it wouldn't be possible for them at this stage to increase the limit. However, I can call them in after 3 months & request for a CLI.

On a different note, I've always read here that for Discover cards (like Discover IT), customers have to wait for atleast 6 months before applying for a CLI. Is this card different from other Discover cards as far as CLIs are concerned?

The Walmart Discover has nothing to do with Discover issued cards like the IT or More cards.  The Walmart card is issued by GE and just runs on the Discover network.(Basically Walmart made a deal with Discover to get cheaper swipe fees so it impacts there profits less, that's why its a Discover and not Visa/Mastercard).  You will likely get an auto-CLI at four months.  Then call the underwriters and ask for $10k.  Given your other lines you'll likely get it.

Message 17 of 28
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

Thanks youngandcreditwrthy

However, the backdoor number you've given doesn't seem to be consistent with the one given in Backdoor thread.

You sure its the right number to call at?
Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 18 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

100% sure ;-) just try it lol
Message 19 of 28
solstice00
Regular Contributor

If you call will they do a hard inquiry on your report.

Its been a couple of weeks since I got my card and my score has jumped a lot since then. I don't want them to use the original report that they had pulled.

"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.