Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Walmart Discover

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Approved for Walmart Discover

@cowboyguy wrote:

I was gardening & had no intentions of applying for this card. My goal was to garden as much as I can & maximize my chances of getting approved for very high initial limit cards. I have SW at $8,500, Freedom at $7,000 & very soon my Amex Delta will be $9,000.

I was actually ordering something on walmart's website & when it gave me an option to apply for this card and get $20 back, I couldn't resist the temptation. I got approved instantly with $1,800.

I have absolutely no idea if it is a good card & I'm feeling too lazy to go through the entire threads. Just have a few questions at this time:

1) Is this a good initial CL for Walmart Discover card?

2) Does this card grow with time? Do they do CLIs? If yes, are they SP or HP?

3) Besides free monthly TU FICO score, is there any other major advantage of this card?

$20 got you out of the garden????

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@solstice00 wrote:

If you call will they do a hard inquiry on your report.

Its been a couple of weeks since I got my card and my score has jumped a lot since then. I don't want them to use the original report that they had pulled.

No, its a SP manual review on your TU file.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 22 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

They absolutely will NOT hard pull your credit.

They will soft it when you request it..
It will appear in the soft inquiry section of your CR as "gecrb generic" or something like that.
They have NEVER hard pulled me, EVER.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 23 of 28
solstice00
Regular Contributor

I already asked once.

Do you think I should call again?

I hope they dont have notes written that this guy already calle dabout it on this this date.

"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
Message 24 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

They def take notes :-/
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 25 of 28
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

Just wanted to thank youngandcreditwrthy here...

I called them in to request for a CLI. They said that I should call after I receive the card. I called them in again right after I received the card & requested for a CLI.

They asked me how much do I want. I said 10k. They put on me on hold for 5 minutes & guess what... approved for $10k... My highest limit ever!

So after just 13 months of credit history, my total limit is $32,000... Thanks to myfico & many helpful posters on here!

Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 26 of 28
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@cowboyguy wrote:

Just wanted to thank youngandcreditwrthy here...

I called them in to request for a CLI. They said that I should call after I receive the card. I called them in again right after I received the card & requested for a CLI.

They asked me how much do I want. I said 10k. They put on me on hold for 5 minutes & guess what... approved for $10k... My highest limit ever!

So after just 13 months of credit history, my total limit is $32,000... Thanks to myfico & many helpful posters on here!

That's awesome.  Congrats on the successful recon.  Smiley Happy

And another benefit that's not been mentioned is that right now if you use your WM Discover at Walmart gas stations (Murphy), you'll get 15 cents off per gallon of gas through some time in June/July - that works out to about 4% cash back at current prices.

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 27 of 28
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!!! Smiley Happy

I think it started out $2500. Now I'm at $7500.

Ron.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.