Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved!

tag
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

Approved!

I know its not the big boy cards, but feel super blessed to have this only after 3 months post BK.  I recieved a pre-selected letter for a Merrick Bank CC for a $500 limit that will auto CLI to 1K after 7 ontime payments.  There is No annual fee, no account set-up fee, no monthly service fee etc......I feel like this is the BEST that I can get after just coming out of ch7 bk 3 months ago.  This card is my highest limit.  I now have 2 Cap1 cards and now this Merrick Card.  I only want a total of 4, that I always PIF, but will wait to see about the Wally world card later until my TU FICO comes up a bit more.  I am truely blessed to have this luck/success and all of your help everyone!  btw, a free TU CC enhanced FICO everymonth as well.  Anyone know how long they take to show up on CB?

EQ8: 646 EQ5: 652 V3.0: 665 **8/2015
TU8: 635 TU4: 700 V3.0 :663 **8/2015
EX8: 636 EX3: 670 V3.0: ? **8/2015
CCD Util 35%

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved!

@Deltadog03 wrote:

I know its not the big boy cards, but feel super blessed to have this only after 3 months post BK.  I recieved a pre-selected letter for a Merrick Bank CC for a $500 limit that will auto CLI to 1K after 7 ontime payments.  There is No annual fee, no account set-up fee, no monthly service fee etc......I feel like this is the BEST that I can get after just coming out of ch7 bk 3 months ago.  This card is my highest limit.  I now have 2 Cap1 cards and now this Merrick Card.  I only want a total of 4, that I always PIF, but will wait to see about the Wally world card later until my TU FICO comes up a bit more.  I am truely blessed to have this luck/success and all of your help everyone!  btw, a free TU CC enhanced FICO everymonth as well.  Anyone know how long they take to show up on CB?

congrats! wished they had offered me tha kind of a deal...My Merrick card will not be ever able to report a zero balance becuase of the annual fee that is charged monthly instead of the anniversary date.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 14
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Hey, Congrats!!!  That is a star with a positive tradeline.  Work it

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 3 of 14
scarzy
Regular Contributor

Congrats! When I first starting rebuilding, I was hoping for a Merrick's pre-approval, and I'm still waiting!

It seems like everyone's getting one, but me! Luckily, I got my foot in the door with NFCU, so no need for Merrick now.

That's too bad cause they had their chance with me! I could have made them some money by using the card!! lol

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 4 of 14
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Awesome! Good going. I am so happy for you!

Message 5 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
Message 6 of 14
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone!  It was weird, I was reading the Rebuilding thread, as I usually hang out there the most, LOL and had seen someone else posting about the Merrick card, and I go to the mailbox and see a letter from a Salt Lake City address, and I open it up and its a pre-selected offer from Merrick Bank....My mouth hit the ground!  I read the entire document like twice because I couldn't believe that I was *potentially that lucky to get something this fresh out of BK*  My TU FICO is 602, so not there yet, but over 100 points since cleaning up my credit after BK.  I was SHOCKED to see NO annual fee, account setup fee, or monthly maint fee.  This is my best card that will double to 1K in 7 months.  I am very lucky and blessed.  Back to the garden until closer to the end of the year, then Wally world and that will complete my lineup.  bonus free TU08 CC Fico as well.  Anyone know when they first report to the CB?

EQ8: 646 EQ5: 652 V3.0: 665 **8/2015
TU8: 635 TU4: 700 V3.0 :663 **8/2015
EX8: 636 EX3: 670 V3.0: ? **8/2015
CCD Util 35%

Message 7 of 14
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats! You're traveling on the road to recovery.

Message 8 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Deltadog03 wrote:

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 14
GangnamFICO
Valued Member

Let me get this straight.

You're three months out of a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and feel blessed with a $500 credit card approval with everybody's help here?

Walmart TU Score 740
Chase Freedom($5000); CitiThankYou Preferred($5000); GEWM Discover($3500); Walmart Store($1300); AMEX Gold; AMEX BCE($6000); GE Discount Tire($1500); Mor Furniture ($4700);Cap1($750)
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.