Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAXTER CLI!!!!!

tag
jatneal
New Contributor

BAXTER CLI!!!!!

I am so excited.  I put myself on a plan to pay down all of my credit card balances.  I started off with pretty small limits as follows

Baxter Credit Union-Cash Back $500

Barclay NFL Card-$500

Discover- $1500

Paypal smart connect $400

Walmart $150

Target $200

My Paypal auto increased to $800 after having it only 3 months.  Today I called my credit union to ask for a credit increase.  It sucks because they never do auto increases and its a hard pull each time you request an increase....I wanted to ask for $5000, but got nervous once I got someone on the phone and only asked for $3000. She said they would call me tomorrow if I was approved.  Just checked my account and APPROVED.  I am so estatic!!!!

This is coming from someone who couldnt get a loan for a stick of gum last year...I am gardening now for the next year.  Just wanted to share my good news....thanks everyone for all of the motivation you have given me

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Re: BAXTER CLI!!!!!

@jatneal wrote:

I am so excited.  I put myself on a plan to pay down all of my credit card balances.  I started off with pretty small limits as follows

Baxter Credit Union-Cash Back $500

Barclay NFL Card-$500

Discover- $1500

Paypal smart connect $400

Walmart $150

Target $200

My Paypal auto increased to $800 after having it only 3 months.  Today I called my credit union to ask for a credit increase.  It sucks because they never do auto increases and its a hard pull each time you request an increase....I wanted to ask for $5000, but got nervous once I got someone on the phone and only asked for $3000. She said they would call me tomorrow if I was approved.  Just checked my account and APPROVED.  I am so estatic!!!!

This is coming from someone who couldnt get a loan for a stick of gum last year...I am gardening now for the next year.  Just wanted to share my good news....thanks everyone for all of the motivation you have given me

Congrats.  I just found out that my PayPal account also doubled after 3 months.  It is now my 2nd highest limit.  I remember the days when I couldn't get a limit over $500.  (Oh wait that was because the cards were from Capone.)

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 2 of 6
jatneal
New Contributor

How funny Cap One wouldn't even give me a card.  Atleast they took a chance with you Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on the CLI! That's a nice one!!
I remember thinking I sucked bc C1 would never cli me
Lol
Nah, they treat everyone that way! Hah
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 6
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 6
jatneal
New Contributor

Thank you.  It feels really good to have a limit that high!

On the other hand, I tried for a cli on my barclays card and walmart card and was denied for both.  Do they do recon on cli's? Ive had both cards since January.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.