Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Platinum to BBR Visa Signature

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA Platinum to BBR Visa Signature

BOA just made my day! I have a Platinum plus Visa from them since 2007. A couple of weeks ago I requested a PC to the Better Balance Rewards card and I just got it in the mail today! So I called to activate it and ask the CSR if there was a Visa Signature version of the card and if I could upgrade my current Plat Plus to that. He puts me on hold and comes back offering me a "Companion card" by taking 5k limit from my current Plat card and putting it into that companion card with No HP. I said I'll think about it and call later. I was doubtful I could get another card with no HP?...anyways he puts me on hold and then comes back saying since I've been a customer for so long his manager had approved the change and I can just upgrade my current Plat Plus to a visa Signature and that I would get the new card in 10-15 days! Smiley Happy ...and I just remembered now that I used to have a Annual Fee on this card of 59$...forgot to ask about that too lol ..

So I went from Regular Platinum Plus Visa>BBR Plat Plus Visa>BBR Visa Signature!

EDIT: The card came with the Chip $ Sign technology

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: BOA Platinum to BBR Visa Signature

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 14
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 3 of 14
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Congrats!! Im noticing that BofA is the bank to do buisness with.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 14
creditFiend
Established Contributor

CONGRATS

Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 5 of 14
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!! 

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! BoA is showing you love.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all. The visa siggy upgrade was unexpected I was just calling to activate my card lol

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I just got a call from card services and was told that they DO NOT offer the Better Balance Reward Card in a Visa Signature Version...aslo I asked them about the annual fee and they said they can't do anything about it...not sure who they are (card services) or if they are the same folk I would get to if I reach out to the EO...oh well bummer! Smiley Sad 

Message 9 of 14
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I just got a call from card services and was told that they DO NOT offer the Better Balance Reward Card in a Visa Signature Version...aslo I asked them about the annual fee and they said they can't do anything about it...not sure who they are (card services) or if they are the same folk I would get to if I reach out to the EO...oh well bummer! Smiley Sad 

Don't take no for an answer on that annual fee. Worst case you could apply for another bbr card, then close the first. 1 HP to save $59 a year, thats pretty much a no brainer. But before that, you should be able to get the fee waived permanently without the HP. 

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.