Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Travel Rewards Approval!

tag
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

BOA Travel Rewards Approval!

So I told myself I was gardening, but after getting approved for the US Bank Cash+ last week (via the drive-thru!), I decided to bite the bullet one last time before retreating into the garden for another 12 months.  I've been thinking it would be a good idea to have a general travel card for my upcoming trip to Europe this summer.  So I starting doing some research.

My prior equirements:

1.  No annual fee

2.  Decent travel rewards

3.  No foreign transaction fees

4.  EMV chip (useful in Europe)

There's only one card which fit the bill on all 4...BOA Travel Rewards.  So I logged onto the Bank of America site tonight, filled out the application and.....

INSTANT APPROVAL....$5,000.00

Not sure if it's the signature or the platinum card.  I have heard BOA gives the Signature version of this card for any limit $5,000 and up, but I'll wait to see what comes in the mail.  

BTW, does anyone know if BOA reports the CL on their Signature cards? 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Re: BOA Travel Rewards Approval!

Congrats!  I had the Cash Rewards VS and it reported CL not high balance.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 2 of 11
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! BoA for sure reports CL on Signature cards. --- they've been doing this for a while now. Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 11
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:
Congrats! BoA for sure reports CL on Signature cards. --- they've been doing this for a while now. Smiley Wink

Thx guys for the info on the CL reporting!  

I was weighing between this card, the CSP and the Barclay's Arrival (AF and non AF).  While I think the rewards on those cards are slightly better, the BOA Travel really did check off all of my requirements.  Plus after my last spree, I don't want to do have to hit anymore high minimum spending limits, both required by the CSP and World Arrival...$3K is doable, but would divert a lot of the spending I want to do with my new Cash+!

Basically came down to the Arrival (non-AF) vs this card, and I decided to go for the one with the EMV chip (for Europe).

Message 4 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats OP Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 11
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval, Dw! Great limit, too, enjoy your new cardSmiley Wink

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 7 of 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 8 of 11
striehl8212
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!! A trip to Europe this summer... I'm jealous Smiley LOL

March 2014: EX 693 I EQ 672 I TU 694
September 2014: EX 721 I EQ 741 I TU 742
Message 9 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Awesome! Nice SL too!

Congrats! on the BofA Approval!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.