Did you mean: 

BR Visa limit DOUBLED to $14,000!!

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: BR Visa limit DOUBLED to $14,000!!

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Thanks everyone:-)!

obviously, I'm concerned with a "Financial Review" just like everyone else. I've had GE accounts since I was 18.... I've also always been cli happy haha just to build credit...not out of necessity or to overspend. I  request clis like every 2-6 months on each account typically.  I don't think I would get clis if I weren't at least moderately creditworthy. I keep an eye on my finances, including my credit score and report, just like my creditors do. Tbh, my credit score is the highest it has ever been, so I can't imagine any type of aa.

@SCOOOORE @Anonymous!! Haha thanks :-D

I am glad you did not see my post in a negative way. You do seem to have finances in order and that is great, since a lot of people who are a lot older do not. Your success is wonderful and when I am your age or sooner, I hope to have a twenty thousand limit.

Message 31 of 45
LesWH
Established Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

That's something that can happen to anyone at anytime.  While this board is the best and I have learned a lot from it, the paranoia at times is scary! If, as you say, you enjoy getting increases as well, then put yourself in the OP's position during a celebration of getting one.  Is it really necessary to bring up the thought of bad things during it? 

Yes it can happen at anytime. I am sure that it is more likely to happen to someone actively seeking more credit, than to someone who uses the account once every few months. If someone told me that I may be pushing it I would probably take the advice into consideration. I do it to myself sometimes, so I would not get upset that someone is just looking out for me. I am never paranoid of anything. I just know that someone like me with a very thin file may be at risk to be shut down.

If you posted that you received an increase and I read it, I would post congratulations, not congratulations but you may be shut down because you have a thin file.  Sort of kills the enthusiasm.  That's all I'm saying.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 32 of 45
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

If you posted that you received an increase and I read it, I would post congratulations, not congratulations but you may be shut down because you have a thin file.  Sort of kills the enthusiasm.  That's all I'm saying.

I understand what you are saying. In the future, I will just not do it. Deal?

Message 33 of 45
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Well... I mean... This forum is awesome!! Even if there are naysayers(sp)! can't control what other people say/think/do! :-) 

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 34 of 45
LesWH
Established Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

Deal! Smiley Happy

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

Message 35 of 45
genmic
Established Member

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

Wow, you are really being too fair. I don't post here a lot, but I think LesWH is totally in the wrong here.

This is not the OP's personal blog, so while Les is entitled to his/her opinion about whether or not you are "killing the enthusiam", at the end of the day we are all here to post useful information. I don't see anything wrong with warning about potential downfalls to excessively seeking CLI with GE, as it may be helpful to others who are reading the post and considering their options.

Message 36 of 45
LesWH
Established Contributor

@genmic wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

Wow, you are really being too fair. I don't post here a lot, but I think LesWH is totally in the wrong here.

This is not the OP's personal blog, so while Les is entitled to his/her opinion about whether or not you are "killing the enthusiam", at the end of the day we are all here to post useful information. I don't see anything wrong with warning about potential downfalls to excessively seeking CLI with GE, as it may be helpful to others who are reading the post and considering their options.

Good thing I don't care about what you think. 

Message 37 of 45
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

if i remember correctly OP claims his and his moms income as houselhold. it isnt the same with wife/husband. 

Household income is just that:  Income from all sources for the household.  It does not have to be husband/wife.

well then i guess i should start putting my household income of 110k Smiley Wink im sure ill get the cards i really want then.  just saying. 

as for op congrats on your new limit! and not even on a cu credit card. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 38 of 45
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Im fairly certain you're only supposed to put HHI on a joint app, or if you live in (i think) wisconsin. Otherwise it is supposed to be individual, i may be wrong though.

Congrats on the increase, that is a great limit.
Message 39 of 45
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

First, I'm sure the OP knows what he is doing.  He doesn't appear to be new to credit.  Second, why is everyone so afraid of Financial Reviews?  I could care less if someone asked me for proof of finances because I can back them up and then some.  I would like to think that most people could do the same and are not fabricating.  Third, I can't stand when people try to rain on someone's parade and then follow it up with supposed concern.  Congratulations again OP.  Handle your business!!

I don't think anyone tried to "rain" on his parade, we have had many discussions with him.  he's a regular on here and so are some of the posters.

I also know that if you are dishonest about your income, which the OP has admitted to being on this forum you can get in trouble.

one of the things that sticks out is if AMEX SPs him and sees all these huge increases at once they might wonder why we has been trying to obtain so much credit in such a short time and FR the OP... at this point his accounts would be closed at minimum and he could possibly be blacklisted from AMEX for a very long time for being dishonest about income on his application

I know for a fact that AMEX only looks at the applicants income (I WISH I could claim my parents income) and will be less that pleased with them pull his tax returns and see that his income is quite a bit less than he claimed

How do I know this much about AMEX? I do quite a bit of bookeeping for my parents on the side, they have a centurion card as well as multiple revolving accounts with AMEX, so I get a little more insight than the average consumer.

I can assure you no one meant any hard or was trying to be negative, just letting him know our opinions.  I can assure you if he didn't want it he wouldn't have came on here.

sorry if anyone got their feelings hurt 

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.