Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Recon Question

tag
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

Bank of America Recon Question

I got denied for B of A travel rewards. I'm certain it is for too many new accounts and inquiries in the last 12 months. Fico is 725, nothing bad on report. Should I wait for the letter to recon or now? I have an upcoming trip and want the card for the trip. Any advice as I have never done a recon.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
ayasoysis
Established Member

Re: Bank of America Recon Question

Recon now. I was declined 2 days ago because of high balances on a couple cards. I called recon and explained that I recently made a couple large purchases and typically don't carry large balances. The lady took a about two minutes to look over my report to verify what I said and asks some income verification questions and I was approved.

Message 2 of 22
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Recon in the morning hours. Your chances aren't bad IMHO because their recon staff are on average very receptive.

They quickly overturned an initial denial on their 1 2 3 Card i now have.
Message 3 of 22
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

What exactly do you say when opening the conversation? Do you ask them to explain the denial or reconsider the app for approval?
Message 4 of 22
ayasoysis
Established Member

Just say that you would like to have your application reconsidered. 

Message 5 of 22
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

Recon was a success! Actually, the lady I spoke was extremely nice and helpful. Very well spoken! Does anyone know how long a Bank of America card takes to arrive? I am leaving on a trip on the 28th and would like to use it..
Message 6 of 22
newUser0
Established Contributor

Mine took like 2 weeks I guess. Not sure, if they rush your shipping. 

AFAIK, they are the slowest in sending cards. Congrats on recon!

Message 7 of 22
striehl8212
Frequent Contributor

@cottoncrown wrote:
Recon was a success! Actually, the lady I spoke was extremely nice and helpful. Very well spoken! Does anyone know how long a Bank of America card takes to arrive? I am leaving on a trip on the 28th and would like to use it..

It should defintely be there for you before you leave. BoA told me 5-7 business days and it was in my mailbox on business day #4. Congrats on the successful recon. 

March 2014: EX 693 I EQ 672 I TU 694
September 2014: EX 721 I EQ 741 I TU 742
Message 8 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@cottoncrown wrote:

Try and ask for expedited delivery. They sent my Merrill+ and Fidelity Amex overnight

Message 9 of 22
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, this is one card I have had my eye on for a long time for the no FTF and the chip as I travel into Canada a lot. I shouldn't have waited so close to my current departure but wanted my other accounts to age as much as possible before applying! Hopefully it gets here before I leave!
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.