Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CLI

tag
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

Barclay CLI

Does Barclay pull TU for CLI's?   i have a 1300 limit and am hoping to get an increase to $2,000.  I have a collection on EQ that is 6 yrs old and I'm hoping they pull TU

Also, how should I answer why I want the CLI?  I am not looking to make a puchrase, just to have better limits for revolving accounts to not show much usage.  My average card limit is about $1500

THANKS

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Phil_

Re: Barclay CLI

They have always pulled TransUnion for me

Message 2 of 12
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

Just tell them you want to use their card more and as your main "go to" card. Lol that's what I usually say and it seems to work.
Message 3 of 12
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hey Ortiz33_!!
99.9% of the time a HP for a CLI. Alway TU and if they need a 2nd- EX. If you are going to take a HP- ask for $5K and take the counter offer. Also- explain that you want to make use of the card more but because of the smallish CL- it will affect your utility and this prohibits you from using it more often.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 4 of 12
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

+1 for TU. always. Asked for a CLI on my Apple & applied for a Ring & they pulled TU for both requests.

Message 5 of 12
JustJen
Regular Contributor

Did you do your CLIs online or with a representative? If you did it online was it an instant approval or was there a wait?

Message 6 of 12
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

i haven't done it yet.  does anyone know the backdoor number? i dont even want to try online.  rather go with a rep??

am i better off asking for a new card like NFL?  i have a 200 balance on this card, less than 30% on all cards.  

Message 7 of 12
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hey JustJen!!
You can request either and it's not instant. Usually a credit analyst will call you to get some info if you app online. Either way- you usually speak with an analyst.

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 8 of 12
JustJen
Regular Contributor

Good to know! I saw my reports on Experian updated and went for it online figuring my TU must have updated. Just checked Credit Karma and nope they haven't so I should have waited....but too late. It said it would take 48 hours I was worried that it was an automatic no; guess I'll have to just wait and see.

I know they pull TU exclusively...I just jumped the gun!

If it comes back declined, should I try to recon? I paid off two cards completely but it hasn't updated on TU. Will they try to pull a report again if I call once the report has updated?

Message 9 of 12
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hey JustJen!
You will likely get a call from an analyst. If not and it comes back a decline- just recon it via the BackDoor number. Just an FYI- TU almost always updates 2-3 days later than the other CRAs. Smiley Happy. Good luck. Remember- you've already taken the HP so ask for more than you really want and take the counter offer if denied.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.