Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Arrival Approval!

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Barclaycard Arrival Approval!

I just applied with the 40,000 miles offer and was instantly approved. They pulled TU. Now I'm semi-regretting it. I don't need it and now wonder how bad it will drop my score. I considered closing but expect they will report the acct and it might be a battle to have them delete it. I should be happy but feeling annoyed that I applied. Anyway I did get 14.99% APR, which is high.

CHECK APPLICATION STATUS

Congratulations! On 04/03/2013 you were approved for the             Barclaycard Arrival MasterCard                                                with a Revolving Credit Line of            $25,000.00                                     
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Arrival Approval!

I'm not sure whether to say congrats or not, but that's a nice CL!
WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 2 of 28
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 28
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

I just applied with the 40,000 miles offer and was instantly approved. They pulled TU. Now I'm semi-regretting it. I don't need it and now wonder how bad it will drop my score. I considered closing but expect they will report the acct and it might be a battle to have them delete it. I should be happy but feeling annoyed that I applied. Anyway I did get 14.99% APR, which is high.

CHECK APPLICATION STATUS

Congratulations! On 04/03/2013 you were approved for the             Barclaycard Arrival MasterCard                                                with a Revolving Credit Line of            $25,000.00                                     

mxp, plan on applying for a loan in the next 6-12 months? If not, then CONGRATS, enjoy your 40,000 miles, and enjoy that $25,000 limit! It's right up there with your other limits Smiley Happy remember, score drops are only temporary! It'll shoot right back up in no time!

Message 4 of 28
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Talking of other limits,  mxp, what is special about the HSBC card with $1.5K?  Looks out of place with the other cards!

Message 5 of 28
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

mxp, plan on applying for a loan in the next 6-12 months? If not, then CONGRATS, enjoy your 40,000 miles, and enjoy that $25,000 limit! It's right up there with your other limits Smiley Happy remember, score drops are only temporary! It'll shoot right back up in no time!

Thanks, I just regret it now but I guess I better enjoy it since closing is not truly an option. I do want one other card, the United Explorer so might just app for that today or soon.

@bs6054 wrote:

Talking of other limits,  mxp, what is special about the HSBC card with $1.5K?  Looks out of place with the other cards!

It's one of my oldest cards I have so have kept it. It doesn't grow, the last time was a $200 increase a few months ago. Still waiting for EO to decide on CLI.

Message 6 of 28
colindidit
Established Contributor

I'd be ecstatic with that CL lol
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 7 of 28
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

It's one of my oldest cards I have so have kept it. It doesn't grow, the last time was a $200 increase a few months ago. Still waiting for EO to decide on CLI.

They would be hard pressed to come up with a realistic reason to not increase it!

Message 8 of 28
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

congrats! that's one nice cl! Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 9 of 28
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's a great CL, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.