Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Arrival+ Approval!

tag
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Barclays Arrival+ Approval!

Every time I try to get out, they pull me back in...lol!

So I swore up and down after getting my last card (BOA Travel Rewards) I was in the garden until next year.  But I had been regretting not applying for the Arrival (AF) during my app spree eariler this year.  I was working under the assumption that Barclays was very INQ sensitive, wanted the Sallie Mae and didn't want to push my luck. I will be heading to Europe later this summer and decided to get the BOA Travel Rewards.  It's a solid card that I am happy with, but after Barclays announced a couple of weeks ago they were upgrading the Arrival AF card to include the chip and pin, I had to go for it.  

So I pulled up my Excel spreadsheet this afternoon, figured out how much it would cost me AAofA/credit score wise, and decided I could absorb the hit.  Filled out the app thinking I would probably get the 7-10 message (again due to all the recent INQ/new TLs), but.........

Instant Approval: $3000.00

I'm a little disappointed with the CL (it's less than the BOA Travel Rewards), but I am happy to be approved.  I figure I'll use the BOA (and my Delta Skymiles) for the hotels and car rental, and use the Arrival+ for places I need true chip and pin capability.

Does Barclay's recon CLI using the same pull (or would it cost me another HP)?

EDIT:  Whoops...posted in the wrong forum.  Can one of the mods move it to Credit Card Approvals?

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
facutardeat
New Contributor

Re: Barclays Arrival+ Approval!

@Dw4250 wrote:

Every time I try to get out, they pull me back in...lol!

So I swore up and down after getting my last card (BOA Travel Rewards) I was in the garden until next year.  But I had been regretting not applying for the Arrival (AF) during my app spree eariler this year.  I was working under the assumption that Barclays was very INQ sensitive, wanted the Sallie Mae and didn't want to push my luck.  

I will be heading to Europe later this summer and decided to get the BOA Travel Rewards.  It's a solid card that I am happy with, but after Barclays announced a couple of weeks ago they were upgrading the Arrival AF card to include the chip and pin, I had to go for it.  

So I pulled up my Excel spreadsheet this afternoon, figured out how much it would cost me AAofA/credit score wise, and decided I could absorb the hit.  Filled out the app thinking I would probably get the 7-10 message (again due to all the recent INQ/new TLs), but.........

Instant Approval: $3000.00

I'm a little disappointed with the CL (it's less than the BOA Travel Rewards), but I am happy to be approved.  I figure I'll use the BOA (and my Delta Skymiles) for the hotels and car rental, and use the Arrival+ for places I need true chip and pin capability.

Does Barclay's recon CLI using the same pull (or would it cost me another HP)?

EDIT:  Whoops...posted in the wrong forum.  Can one of the mods move it to Credit Card Approvals?

Congrats Smiley Happy  That's a great looking card, too!

As of 5/23/14, via myFICO EQ 779 | TU 762 | EX 795

As of 5/22/14 Credit Sesame 746 | Credit Karma 754

AmEx EveryDay Preferred $2,000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred $11,000 | Chase Freedom $8,000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Platinum Plus $5,200
Message 2 of 32
Shock
Established Contributor

Hi OP. As fate would have it, my last app was also BOA Travel rewards. 3k instant approval, TU HP to 7500. Barclays approved me after calling in for 7500. Yay us!

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 3 of 32
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

As a data point, I called in today and they raised the cl using the hard pull from the app a few days ago

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 4 of 32
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@Shock wrote:

Hi OP. As fate would have it, my last app was also BOA Travel rewards. 3k instant approval, TU HP to 7500. Barclays approved me after calling in for 7500. Yay us!

Congrats Shock!!!  Are you planning on traveling anywhere soon, or did you app for these two cards for future 'adventures'? Smiley Happy

Did Barclays cost you another HP after your call to get the CL to 7500? 

Message 5 of 32
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@Jayb5635 wrote:
As a data point, I called in today and they raised the cl using the hard pull from the app a few days ago

Nice!  I may give it a shot...I just don't want another hard pull (my TU report has taken a beating the last few months...lol!).

Congrats on the CL!

Message 6 of 32
Shock
Established Contributor

This is what gives me hope. I want a 10k CL! Do I have to request the same hard pull?

@Jayb5635 wrote:

Message 7 of 32
Shock
Established Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

Congrats Shock!!!  Are you planning on traveling anywhere soon, or did you app for these two cards for future 'adventures'? Smiley Happy

AFAIK, i apped and it gave me the ten day. I called in and they asked me verification questions then approved me, Im going to call back and ask for a CLI to 10k with the same HP.

Message 8 of 32
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@Shock wrote:

@Dw4250 wrote:

AFAIK, i apped and it gave me the ten day. I called in and they asked me verification questions then approved me, Im going to call back and ask for a CLI to 10k with the same HP.

It seems silly (to me) Barclay's would do a 2nd HP on the same day.  Even a week or two out (anything less than 30 days), how much can a CR really change??

I'm going to call them after work to see if I can get my CL bumped up on recon using the same pull.  I'll report back later!

Message 9 of 32
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

WEMC or WMC?

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.