cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays CLI 5 1/2 Month-And A Question?

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

Barclays CLI 5 1/2 Month-And A Question?

Hey guys I thought I would share my Barclay's story.  I finally got approved in July 2013.  I used it heavy the first two months. Then the balance report. At month 4 I paid off the balance. I also made multiple small payments a month.  The 5th month hit on the 09th of December.  My credit line is only 500$ so I let 399.00 report on the last statement.  Today I log in and i see my CL is now......2,0000$.  Thanks Barclays!!!

But....it doesnt reflect in my total available credit.  When I logged in the morning i was still at 500 ....tonight its 2,000. Does it take a day or so to reflect in my available credit?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclays CLI 5 1/2 Month-And A Question?

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:

Hey guys I thought I would share my Barclay's story.  I finally got approved in July 2013.  I used it heavy the first two months. Then the balance report. At month 4 I paid off the balance. I also made multiple small payments a month.  The 5th month hit on the 09th of December.  My credit line is only 500$ so I let 399.00 report on the last statement.  Today I log in and i see my CL is now......2,0000$.  Thanks Barclays!!!

But....it doesnt reflect in my total available credit.  When I logged in the morning i was still at 500 ....tonight its 2,000. Does it take a day or so to reflect in my available credit?

According to the Barclay thread you did it perfect and again Barclay pays off with a CLISmiley Wink

Congrats texasman07

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@texasman07 wrote:

It can take up to 24 hours depending on any other activity that you may have on the account, such as pending payments or approved transactions in progress.

Message 4 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nicely done, congrats Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 16
texasman07
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone.  Glad to know at least the Barclays Road Map pays off.  I also recieved a Wells Fargo card and My upgrade Sams discover AFTER i was approved for the Barclays Rewards card.  I was on pins and needles hoping they wouldn't close my account.  

Message 6 of 16
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

congrats op on the CLI Smiley Happy and yes, it can take a day or 2 Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 7 of 16
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 8 of 16
robbulous
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your CLI! What is this Barclay thread you guys speak of?

I'm about to hit my 6th statement with Barclays and am hoping for a CLI. My balance now is $400, limit is $1000. I was going to pay it off tomorrow before the statement cuts. Is this what I should do?

NPSL.................$30,000............$28,000.............$20,500............$28,000............$80,000............$19,000............$21,300..............$20,500
Current FICO Score Across All 3: 770+..... GOAL: 800+ Current Utilization: 5%....... Infiniti Financial Auto Loan at 1.9%
Message 9 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

@robbulous wrote:

Congrats on your CLI! What is this Barclay thread you guys speak of?

I'm about to hit my 6th statement with Barclays and am hoping for a CLI. My balance now is $400, limit is $1000. I was going to pay it off tomorrow before the statement cuts. Is this what I should do?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Barclay-CC-let-s-put-our-heads-together/m-p/2297693#M64...

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.