Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays CLI!

Congrats

Message 11 of 23
masscredit
Valued Contributor

So are they more of an every 6 months card instead of 3-4 when it comes to CLIs?
Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 12 of 23
welchw1971
Established Member

Looks like every 6 mos. Barclays is excellent to deal with. Wish Cap One would get on board and take care of those of us who are rebuilding.

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved yesterday online for a Barclay's Reward Mastercard for $500.  Called today spoke to a Credit Analyst and they raised me to $2500.

Message 14 of 23
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

they haven't softed me yet, and dec. marks 6mo. since opening them.
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 15 of 23
Tristate
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved yesterday online for a Barclay's Reward Mastercard for $500.  Called today spoke to a Credit Analyst and they raised me to $2500.

Congrats ! Do you mind to share what your score is ? Any baddies ? Other cards ?

I'm planning to apply for their MC soon and gauging my chances. Thank you in advance !

AMEX BCE 10K; BARCLAYS REWARDS 10K; CITI ANYWHERE 8K; DISCOVER 7,5K;CAP ONE VENTURE 9K;MERRICK BANK 2,3K; MACY'S 1,2K; WALMART-SYNCRONY 450$.
BK7 DISCHARGED IN 2011. FICO 8 NOW IN LOW 700S.
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

They use TU and my score that I pulled was 707.  I had about 1.5 - 2yrs some late payment and I settled 2 accounts for less than the balance owed.  I was even late with Barclay's 3-4 times 2 years ago and they closed my account.  Some how I got back in with 0% for six months! 

Message 17 of 23
Tristate
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They use TU and my score that I pulled was 707.  I had about 1.5 - 2yrs some late payment and I settled 2 accounts for less than the balance owed.  I was even late with Barclay's 3-4 times 2 years ago and they closed my account.  Some how I got back in with 0% for six months! 

Thanks for the info ! This gives some hope for me too.

AMEX BCE 10K; BARCLAYS REWARDS 10K; CITI ANYWHERE 8K; DISCOVER 7,5K;CAP ONE VENTURE 9K;MERRICK BANK 2,3K; MACY'S 1,2K; WALMART-SYNCRONY 450$.
BK7 DISCHARGED IN 2011. FICO 8 NOW IN LOW 700S.
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Rewards Mastercard CLI - my experience

Called the backdoor number today and they did a hard pull. The rep comes back on the line, acknowledges that I've always paid in full on all my cards, never run a balance, but said in a blatently accusatory tone, that she'd like to know why I have so many cards. I almost said, you already know when I got my cards because I check my report all the time and Barclays does a soft pull every month. But instead I said that I've got about 6 bank cards and 6 department store cards, a pretty healthy mix, untlization well below 30% always on time, never late. She says, well I feel your credit line (still the $500 I started with 7 statements ago) is commensurate with the lines on your other cards. I said no, my other cards are three times or more my Barclay line, to which there was a long pause and she finally said, well that's commensurate with your credit line with us. I then said no, three or more times my $500 line with Barclays is not the same as a $500 line with Barclays nor is it commensurate. She then says "my advice is not to apply for any more cards right now." I told her I didn't call for advice, or to apply for a card, I called to ask if I was eligible for a CLI. She then says, I feel your line with us is sufficient, thank you for calling Barclays.

So what you read about getting other cards while a Barclay cardholder is very true as this was her first and immediate question, and in tone, it was more accusation than question. I pretty much expect to find my Barclays account closed any day now, despite my perfect payment history, and if they don't close it, I will, after I've had it for a year. I expect this kind of nonsense from Cap One. Seems I should have expected it from Barclays.

Message 19 of 23
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay Rewards Mastercard CLI - my experience

@Anonymous wrote:

Called the backdoor number today and they did a hard pull. The rep comes back on the line, acknowledges that I've always paid in full on all my cards, never run a balance, but said in a blatently accusatory tone, that she'd like to know why I have so many cards. I almost said, you already know when I got my cards because I check my report all the time and Barclays does a soft pull every month. But instead I said that I've got about 6 bank cards and 6 department store cards, a pretty healthy mix, untlization well below 30% always on time, never late. She says, well I feel your credit line (still the $500 I started with 7 statements ago) is commensurate with the lines on your other cards. I said no, my other cards are three times or more my Barclay line, to which there was a long pause and she finally said, well that's commensurate with your credit line with us. I then said no, three or more times my $500 line with Barclays is not the same as a $500 line with Barclays nor is it commensurate. She then says "my advice is not to apply for any more cards right now." I told her I didn't call for advice, or to apply for a card, I called to ask if I was eligible for a CLI. She then says, I feel your line with us is sufficient, thank you for calling Barclays.

So what you read about getting other cards while a Barclay cardholder is very true as this was her first and immediate question, and in tone, it was more accusation than question. I pretty much expect to find my Barclays account closed any day now, despite my perfect payment history, and if they don't close it, I will, after I've had it for a year. I expect this kind of nonsense from Cap One. Seems I should have expected it from Barclays.

Sounds like customer service is YMMV with Barclays.  I called them for the first time (had the card 6 months) a few weeks ago to do a PC and they were the most respectful and nice bunch of people I've talked to.  But I have read here many times that people have ran into Broom Hilda on the other end of the phone with Barclays.  They really need to do something about that.

Now if I were you, I'd call back a few times until I got someone who will help you. If I had not called back on a couple of recons that I had (becasue I too got ahold of Broom Hilda a few times) I wouldn't have what I have.  So try that if you're up to it, but really what have you got to lose but time right?

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.