cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays approval low limit should i recon for CLI?

tag
brad0502
Contributor

Barclays approval low limit should i recon for CLI?

Hello all just wondering if anyone has had any luck reconing barclays for a CLI right after the accout is open? Or is it better to wait a few months?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays approval low limit should i recon for CLI?

@brad0502 wrote:

Hello all just wondering if anyone has had any luck reconing barclays for a CLI right after the accout is open? Or is it better to wait a few months?

it is possible to appeal for a higher CL immediately after approval.

Sometimes an additional inquiry is required, but sometimes they can do it using the same app pull.

If they require a new inquiry, it's better to wait a few more months just for a bigger CLI for the same inquiry cost. However, if you are trying to get your card upgraded to WMC by having a >5k CL, then you have to ask for it right now.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 11
Beane
Regular Contributor

They had to use a hard pull to do it, but I reconned 3k-->9k because I was BT $6100 from another card that I had a 9K limit on.  So they matched that card's limit.

FICO EQ: 733 TU: 727 CS FAKO EX: 737                                                                                               In the garden since 5/9/13
Message 3 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

This will also depend on your overall profile.  IIRC, most of your recent CCs had lower limits?  If this is the case, it may prove difficult to appeal if nothing else has changed on your overall profile to extend any additional credit.  Never hurts to call, worse that can happen is they'll say no. 

Message 4 of 11
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

If the CL is completely out of line compared to your other cards I would try it...but I would make sure no 2nd HP is done for it...never hurts to ask.
good luck!
Message 5 of 11
brad0502
Contributor

Quick Update, just called backdoor number, after a few questions got the CLI from 250 to 1000. LOVIN IT! 

Now if only Capital one would be so easy to deal with, over 3 years with them and not a single CLI with 3 cards with them.

Message 6 of 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@brad0502 wrote:

Quick Update, just called backdoor number, after a few questions got the CLI from 250 to 1000. LOVIN IT! 

Now if only Capital one would be so easy to deal with, over 3 years with them and not a single CLI with 3 cards with them.

Congrats! Thanks for sharing!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 11
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

super...4 x CL now...that is a deal Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

@brad0502 wrote:

great job!

Message 9 of 11
Haisenberg
Valued Member

Awesome congrats on the CLI!

AMEX PRG - NPSL - Macy's AMEX - $4K - Discover IT - $1K - CapitalOne Classic Platinum - $1K

FICO Scores - EQ 711 / TU 698 / EX 715 | Goal - 750+ | Next Application(s) - BCE (01/14) - Freedom/CSP - (02/14)
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.