Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA PC and CLI

tag
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

BoA PC and CLI

Success!!! Just called the credit analyst backdoor number to request a PC and CLI. Currently have the Gold Visa WorldPoints and PC'ed to the Bank Americard Cash Rewards, no questions asked. Plus, got an increase of $1,500 from $1,000 to $2,500! I requested for $6,000 to match my Discover, but since it hasn't reported yet, they couldn't give me that amount. I believe I could've gotten more if I waited a few more months, but I couldn't resist the itch! I asked if it was a SP or HP...unfortunately he said it was a HP Smiley Sad But at least I didn't leave empty-handed.

Thank you for this great forum! I would've not known this was possible if it weren't for the extensive research I did on here. Now I'm just waiting for Cap1's response...

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
rtw
Established Contributor

Re: BoA PC and CLI

Congrats!

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 2 of 11
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

^^^Thank you!

I forgot to ask the CA...since I PC'ed, will the age of my account transfer to this one? I opened it back in 6/2007 and I don't want to lose that history. Also, what is your recommended time to request for the next CLI?

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 3 of 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice going, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 11
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

@Epcot wrote:
Nice going, Congrats!

Thank you! BTW, you've been app free since my birthday! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 6 of 11
flyingpenguin
New Contributor

@jakemod1 wrote:

^^^Thank you!

I forgot to ask the CA...since I PC'ed, will the age of my account transfer to this one? I opened it back in 6/2007 and I don't want to lose that history. Also, what is your recommended time to request for the next CLI?

Yes, the new account should be backdated to your original open date. Generally I think the advice is wait 6 months in between CLI requests.

Just a note, when I PC'd my BofA card (I actually PC'd twice to Cash Rewards and then Travel Rewards) they said it would take 2-4 weeks for the new card to arrive. The first time I called at the 2 week mark and I actually got the card in the 3rd week. The second time I didn't call until the third week and it took over 4 weeks for the new card to arrive (which annoyed me because I had wanted to put a large purchase on it, but anyway...) So I would call them at the 2 week mark to check on it. In both cases I ended up getting 2 sets of cards, but I feel like they didn't actually send them out until I called.

Message 7 of 11
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

Congrats to you

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 8 of 11
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

@flyingpenguin wrote:

@jakemod1 wrote:

^^^Thank you!

Yes, the new account should be backdated to your original open date. Generally I think the advice is wait 6 months in between CLI requests.

Just a note, when I PC'd my BofA card (I actually PC'd twice to Cash Rewards and then Travel Rewards) they said it would take 2-4 weeks for the new card to arrive. The first time I called at the 2 week mark and I actually got the card in the 3rd week. The second time I didn't call until the third week and it took over 4 weeks for the new card to arrive (which annoyed me because I had wanted to put a large purchase on it, but anyway...) So I would call them at the 2 week mark to check on it. In both cases I ended up getting 2 sets of cards, but I feel like they didn't actually send them out until I called.

Thank you for the heads up! I will definitely give them a call when the two week mark comes. I actually had a fraud on my card so they had to change the account number already...I didn't think about asking for a PC until two days later. So, this is the second time within a couple days they had to change my account number. So most likely, I will get two cards with different account numbers. The CSR did say I can use the fraud replacement card until my Bank Americard Cash Rewards comes in the mail.

Another question that came up in my head...with all of these account closed reporting in my CR, will it affect my score in any way? CK gave me an alert so I want to make sure it won't dent my score. They did backdate it so I guess it should be ok, right?

Also, I noticed I put "CA" which I now realize means "Collection Agency". Just to clarify, I meant credit analyst and my account is in good standing.

Message 9 of 11
flyingpenguin
New Contributor

@jakemod1 wrote:

@flyingpenguin wrote:

@jakemod1 wrote:

^^^Thank you!

Thank you for the heads up! I will definitely give them a call when the two week mark comes. I actually had a fraud on my card so they had to change the account number already...I didn't think about asking for a PC until two days later. So, this is the second time within a couple days they had to change my account number. So most likely, I will get two cards with different account numbers. The CSR did say I can use the fraud replacement card until my Bank Americard Cash Rewards comes in the mail.

Another question that came up in my head...with all of these account closed reporting in my CR, will it affect my score in any way? CK gave me an alert so I want to make sure it won't dent my score. They did backdate it so I guess it should be ok, right?

Also, I noticed I put "CA" which I now realize means "Collection Agency". Just to clarify, I meant credit analyst and my account is in good standing.

I think the reporting of the closed account is a YMMV thing. The only report I've pulled since my PC is Equifax. A few years ago BofA had a security leak so they changed my account number. My report shows 2 BofA accounts: 1 open and 1 closed (Lost/Stolen). So it appears that the PC just caused the number of the open BofA account to change, instead of creating a separate account. I'm curious to see how it shows up on TU, because I also got the alert that one account closed and one account opened when I PC'd. If the PC causes another account to appear, it would affect your AAoA because FICO scoring counts both open and closed accounts. In my case, the closed BofA account helps because it's my oldest account. Smiley Happy I've noticed though that the lost/stolen closed BofA account doesn't appear on TU or EX reports though.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.